Sign in to follow this  
tomhumf

Propane connectors for 2 bottles

I decided to get a second gas bottle as my first was nearly empty, and I didn't want to get caught short mid firing. I'm using a single regulator to attach to my burner. 

I was up to about 1500F and the burner started loosing pressure. I actually lost a couple hundred degrees because I was away from kiln. 

I switched bottles and continued fine. Next firing I was able to use the first bottle to start off, on a low flame it worked ok. I'm pretty sure it's nearly empty now.

Question is, can I connect them together somehow so I can use all the gas up in a tank, without it loosing pressure? I've seen some duel regulator things but they seem to just switch between tanks which wouldn't seem to avoid this pressure loss problem...

Thanks for that, I still haven't got round to buying one yet. They are out of stock on UK Amazon. I take it there is a one way valve on the tanks or something so the gas from a fuller one doesn't go into the emtier one? 

16 minutes ago, tomhumf said:

Thanks for that, I still haven't got round to buying one yet. They are out of stock on UK Amazon. I take it there is a one way valve on the tanks or something so the gas from a fuller one doesn't go into the emtier one? 

No, the tanks equalize their levels.  There is twice the surface area to heat the liquid gas though so it still helps to keep them from freezing.  I didn't realize you were in the UK, I don't know if you guys have the same fittings on your tanks, but you can head to a hardware store and put together the pieces to hook up two tanks with some help.