comments in gallery

Maybe we need a gallery for work that we want critiqued...I am happy if members comment acknowledge or critique anything i put up. I find the gallery a useful source of info not just in terms of the work put up but the photos and style in which work is displayed. I also believe that people should do whatever they feel comforable doing. I comment not critique on things i like, ask questions about things that interest me and certainly try hard not to hurt anyones feelings. Ah now i feel all warm and fuzzy again......T

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is needed in the gallery comment section are those little red minus "reputation" marks and the associated >anonymity< that goes along with them.

Much like the one someone anonymously tagged yer very >honest< post with, phill!

As long as folks have to stand behind their words they will be shy in offering critique. However, give them an anonymous way to tell you that you suck and those folks who have no balls will simply be all over it.

much respect for calling a spade a spade, guys. Much.

teardrop (-10..and counting...LOL)

What is needed in the gallery comment section are those little red minus "reputation" marks and the associated >anonymity< that goes along with them.

Much like the one someone anonymously tagged yer very >honest< post with, phill!

As long as folks have to stand behind their words they will be shy in offering critique. However, give them an anonymous way to tell you that you suck and those folks who have no balls will simply be all over it.

much respect for calling a spade a spade, guys. Much.

teardrop (-10..and counting...LOL)

Hi teardrop, I just read your post and thought you were kidding with the minus point things and then just looked at your profile, what the hell, you aren't kidding.... what is wrong with people! I invite anyone to give me minus points as well, if we all have them they will become even more meaningless. T

Sometimes the images people post are humongous and one can see them except one inch at a time.

Marcia

It's annoying but quite common on the net.

Press *Ctrl and -* (that's a minus sign) simultaneously and the picture will shrink each time you press.

press *Ctrl & Zero" to return to normal size.

*Ctrl & +* will make things larger too.

Thank you! Seeing I am about as adept on a computer as I am at juggling, while riding a unicycle on a tight rope blind folded. I find this bit of information to be a god sent Happy firing Kabe

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes the images people post are humongous and one can see them except one inch at a time.

Marcia

Press *Ctrl and -* (that's a minus sign) simultaneously and the picture will shrink each time you press.

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask for help with viewing the gallery. Since a couple of days ago I can't see the images in the gallery (some of them, I can see all the text around them but the images) and some images over the names - the avatars(again, some of them). And I love to look through the gallery, thank you all who posted there !

Any help?

thank you!:)

Marcia

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask for help with viewing the gallery. Since a couple of days ago I can't see the images in the gallery (some of them, I can see all the text around them but the images) and some images over the names - the avatars(again, some of them). And I love to look through the gallery, thank you all who posted there !

Any help?

The images disappeared when the server crashed recently, I'm guessing they will have to be re-uploaded.

Marcia

Hi all,

Any help?

The images disappeared when the server crashed recently, I'm guessing they will have to be re-uploaded.

Matt Oz, thank you for your reply, I didn't know about the crash, thought something wrong with my settings..

Guest JBaymore

Yes, there was a major crash over the weekend and the techs were working really hard to fix things.

Computers are great when they work OK...... but they can be a nightmare when they don't.

best,

....................john

I had no computer for more than a month and had no energy to try and get here with my blackberry. But wow, I missed a lot!

People. Please read my OP. My question was: "why is there no comments in the gallery."

Not: Why do you guys on your high horses think that every comment has to be a critique?

What about a simple 'I love your glaze, shape, ... (what ever you like about the piece) And if you think that the piece is dog shite, do not enlarge the image ... lol

Honestly. Seriously. this is a laugh. (Ok, I have to admit that I am pooped. I have orders coming out of my ears after a very good Designer Week with lots of local and International orders and have been working a 7 day week since the beginning of January except for the week that I was crawling around on my hands and knees after a very bad back complaint that got me in ER and Morphine and what not .)

You guys are fighting about the merits of getting down that high horse to comment on some newbie's work. You were once (many moons ago) a newbie. But you know what? sometimes encouragement is good. Stop being arses and think that you are to high and mighty to acknowledge some idiot that is trying to dare play with clay. I mean, how dare they?

Well, that is how a lot of you are coming across.

I know where I am in ceramics. But then I am lucky enough to share studio space with other potters and have contact with more that live in my city. Peers that I idolise and look up to. and if they buy my work for their private collections, that says enough for me.

What I am trying to say is this. A lot of you are spending a lot of time on this site. Use some of that time constructively in being a little bit more human and give. Some old guy gave you encouragement years and eons ago. Pass it forward!

Now I am off to look at the gallery and yes, I will comment on stuff that I like.

Edited to add: I have a major fail on visiting the gallery ... Could only look at a couple of images. the rest just refuse to open. Ugh.

I had no computer for more than a month and had no energy to try and get here with my blackberry. But wow, I missed a lot!

People. Please read my OP. My question was: "why is there no comments in the gallery."

Not: Why do you guys on your high horses think that every comment has to be a critique?

What about a simple 'I love your glaze, shape, ... (what ever you like about the piece) And if you think that the piece is dog shite, do not enlarge the image ... lol

Honestly. Seriously. this is a laugh. (Ok, I have to admit that I am pooped. I have orders coming out of my ears after a very good Designer Week with lots of local and International orders and have been working a 7 day week since the beginning of January except for the week that I was crawling around on my hands and knees after a very bad back complaint that got me in ER and Morphine and what not .)

You guys are fighting about the merits of getting down that high horse to comment on some newbie's work. You were once (many moons ago) a newbie. But you know what? sometimes encouragement is good. Stop being arses and think that you are to high and mighty to acknowledge some idiot that is trying to dare play with clay. I mean, how dare they?

Well, that is how a lot of you are coming across.

I know where I am in ceramics. But then I am lucky enough to share studio space with other potters and have contact with more that live in my city. Peers that I idolise and look up to. and if they buy my work for their private collections, that says enough for me.

What I am trying to say is this. A lot of you are spending a lot of time on this site. Use some of that time constructively in being a little bit more human and give. Some old guy gave you encouragement years and eons ago. Pass it forward!

Now I am off to look at the gallery and yes, I will comment on stuff that I like.

Edited to add: I have a major fail on visiting the gallery ... Could only look at a couple of images. the rest just refuse to open. Ugh.

Hi there couldnt agree more! T

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Stendhal syndrome, Stendhal's syndrome, hyperkulturemia, or Florence syndrome is a psychosomatic illness that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, fainting, confusion and even hallucinations when an individual is exposed to art, usually when the art is particularly beautiful or a large amount of art is in a single place. The term can also be used to describe a similar reaction to a surfeit of choice in other circumstances, e.g. when confronted with immense beauty in the natural world."

Ok, now I understand the feeling I had when I visited Florance. thank you Lucille Oka.

Why post the reference to it, though?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived