Amaco no. 25 White Art Clay

CPT

Bought several boxes of this for throwing, handbuilding, etc.

It's great to work with because of its plasticity, but it takes a REALLY long time to air-dry.

Any suggestions? Has anybody used this clay before? What types of clay do you usually use for handbuilding, wheel?

Thanks

Bought several boxes of this for throwing, handbuilding, etc.

It's great to work with because of its plasticity, but it takes a REALLY long time to air-dry.

Any suggestions? Has anybody used this clay before? What types of clay do you usually use for handbuilding, wheel?

Thanks

You can do it all with this clay; underglazes on this clay are beautiful and the colors are vivid.

My last design session I used Amaco's #25, currently I am using Amaco's #65 Porcelain. I have never had a problem with the vessels made from Amaco#25 drying too slowly. I just wait for them like I wait for any other clay. I work on other things while they dry.

What is the atmosphere like in your work place? Is it very humid? For handbuilding you don't want the pieces to dry too quickly. But you can try to add a little dry heat to the atmosphere. Try placing the wet ware a little higher than usual on the shelf; it is warmer up there.

Archived