Can you describe your work in three words? | Jan. 30, 2012

One of the more important skills for potters to develop is the ability to briefly describe their work to others. We tend to either run on and give people way more information than they ever wanted or to clam up and give none. There is a happy medium where you can give just enough to engage their interest ... not put them to sleep.

So, can you meet today's challenge?

Can you describe your work in three words?

There are lots of show applications that ask for this in 100 characters or less, so I've got mine pared down to five words ...

functional pottery, modern rustic asian

Mea

ok I'll try to winnow mine down too:

functional modern natural

Mea

One of the more important skills for potters to develop is the ability to briefly describe their work to others. We tend to either run on and give people way more information than they ever wanted or to clam up and give none. There is a happy medium where you can give just enough to engage their interest ... not put them to sleep.

So, can you meet today's challenge?

Can you describe your work in three words?

Functional, super functional. I like to make things that function whether it be a jar, vase, teapot, casserole or whatever. I also make these things larger than usual making them non functional thus super functional.:rolleyes: Oh yeah, I forgot my business name PIC Works-Personalized Images in Clay

The three words I would use depends on the situation

The tag line I use on my business cards is: Handmade Celtic Pottery.

If I was talking to someone, they probably already know it's pottery, so I would use: Handmade, Functional, Celtic

On this board, I'm guessing that handmade wouldn't need to be emphasized as much, so I would use: Celtic, Functional, Porcelain

So what do you think of these three words descriptions? I know three words was enough to get me searching for the website so I could see their work.

Thanks to those who posted images for us. This was fun.

You don't need to over explain your work ... no one cares about the mechanics except other potters ... the sizzle sells!!

My three words .... colorful translucent sensual

post-1585-132846723257_thumb.jpg

post-1585-132846723257_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived