Zircopax, Super Pax, Ultrox 500 and Zircopax Plus?

enbarro

Hi, I’m ordering zirconium silicate. Through the years the names and manufacturers have changed. It’s been some years since I last placed my last order and would like some help.

I used to buy plain Zircopax, the Super Pax, then Ultrox 500 and last time Zircopax Plus. Yesterday, when asked, the store told me that both Zircopax and Superpax where manufactured by Endeka and that they come in the the same bag labeled Zircopax Plus but one has a sticker that says Zircopax and the othe Super Pax.

A search in the web revealed that Endeka was acquired by Ferro last year, but no news about what’s going to happen with Zircopax.

Digital Fires article on Ultrox mentions a new manufacturer of Ultrox, but don’t know how long it’s been since it was last updated.

Though, I’ve been able to use them all with minor adjustments. I would rather order the one that is more likely to be available for the foreseeable future…

Does anyone have up to date information that would help me decide which Zirconium Silicate/supplier to use?

Thanks

Archived