Pres

QotW: Either generally or specifically, what do you think, feel, and/or do when confronted with moderate to serious/severe limitations of some aspect of health that alters how you work in clay? 

Igusten can you explain the process of using the slab roller to wedge clay,  that is something that would be of great help to me.   Denice

I can tell you what I do with my Bailey table-top slab roller. I mostly handbuild and usually I stack and slam (Michael Wendt method) but I like variety so I also just make a bunch of thin slabs and stack 'em together 2 at a time, run them through and then turn and run again in the other direction, add 2 more, with 2 more run-throughs, until the max height is reached-it helps a lot with nicely pugged commercial clay right out of the bag.  

I always have a bag on the table where I working to place scraps which I try to add as I go so they are not dried out.  I mist inside the bag.  So the clay says moist.  When I have enough, I plop the contents of the bag out and smoosh  (Technical term) the pieces together into a rectangular shape.  Then I set the roller on high setting then roll, then set it lower and position the clay the opposite way and roll again....and do this again until I reach the thickness I want.  What I found about changing the direction each time was that I reduced the amount of air pockets.  I also waste very little clay and don't generate so much dust.

Update: So I've been pretty upset the past two weeks waiting to hear back about a test for a mutation in my blood cells that renders the known forms of drug treatment useless. They did the wrong test twice...anyway apparently third time is the charm and the test came back negative, I'm just responding slower than most, which is very very good news. Thanks for all the nice comments and getting to hear folk's sharing. I wish everyone else a bit of good news in their struggles also.