22 replies to this topic

#21 trina

trina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

I enjoyed the process and the large slab construction and I really like the way these turned out...so I am determined to see the project through, marcia!

so much for the thought of buying a smaller kilnPosted Image

HI Teardrop,

Have you considered pit firing? I have some very useful reading material if you are interested. All you need to have is a backyard and a hole or oil drum works well too... let me know Trina

#22 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

I enjoyed the process and the large slab construction and I really like the way these turned out...so I am determined to see the project through, marcia!

so much for the thought of buying a smaller kilnPosted Image

Sorry to hear of your negative experiences here. Hope that things will go your way towards finishing the work, and continuing with ceramics.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#23 teardrop

teardrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

The pit firing sounds cool, trina. Not too sure my neighbors would think the same thing...Posted Image In all seriousness, a dream of mine is to have a nice woodfired kiln sitting on 35 acres here on the Western Slope. Hopefully I can make that happen @ some point.

The negativity is why we cut class, pres. It's also why I wrote a point-specific email to the head of Administration about my disappointment over dropping the class and the reasons why. Believe me, I didn't hold back.

As far as continuing clay...the event only made me more determined to break out on my own and ensure that the only person in control of my output is me.

A few small cracks in the planters this AM..... but overall....not too bad. The next few days will tell the tale, IMO.

thanks for the post

teardrop
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users