Brent Wheels and equipment fix it-videos

There has been lots of questions on belts and foot pedal adjustment on Brent/Amaco equipment lately. I have answered most of them.

This page I posted below answers most of them.

I'm hoping this will help those in the future with questions-a moderator could pin it in at the top.

https://www.amaco.com/equipment_how_tos

Mark,   Have you ever seen a fix it video on Peter Puggers?  I think you and I have the same unit VPM 30.  I went through mine and replaced all the bearing and seals.  I wish I had some advice before I did mine, as I learned a thing or 2.  Next time I do this, if ever, I'll make a video if there isn't one.

No I have not seen any videos on PPuggers. I did stop by the factory as I pass by it several times a year.When I redid all my seals-I pulled the shaft as well a .. nd took it to them and bought my parts from them at that time-I also replaced the pressure guage and bought some spare parts,I do have the VPM 30. I bought it used online. It was pitted from low fire clay inside. I'm ok with that as I'm pitting it more with porcelain.Not much to fix with this machine.

When I redid the inner most bearings, there is a set of 2 bearings.  I didn't realize until too late that there should be a space between them for a zerk fitting.  Putting them in together doesn't leave room for the grease to enter.  I left it that way and I'm not sure if it's a big problem or not.  The only real maintenance item I have run across is keeping the oil topped off in the hydraulic pump.  Plus the recommended oil was like $20 quart.   Mine was used also, from a hobbyist, not a production shop.  Works great. 

• 3 months later...