My daughter has bought a second hand pottery wheel which has no name on it of the maker.

one of the belts fell off and now don’t know where to go to get replacements.

can anyone help if I put a picture on please?

Hello Marcia,

I have a similar question because I need a belt for a CXC.

So we can use belts from auto supply stores?    I have a  used CXE that needs a new belt. I called one clay pottery supplier place and they said it might need to be ordered directly from Amoco and that I should call back on another day when their  customer service person who knows about belts is there.  

I went to the Brent  webpage and found out what size I need. I know it’s a six  groove V belt.   The belts at the auto store looks totally different from the ones in the Brent video so I know that the auto people call their v groove belt s serpentine. 

I just wasn’t sure I could use a non-Brent belt.

I've not had to replace a belt on my wheel, so don't have experience specific to that, but there should be no reason you have-to buy the belt from the wheel manufacturer - if you can find one elsewhere that's an exact match.   If you go to an auto-parts store, take your old belt with you, and ask them if they can match it.

There are several aspects to compare, and you'll need to match all of them:  In addition to length, width, and number of grooves - the spacing and depth of the grooves, and the overall thickness of the belt are also important.  If the belt is too thick, it may not bend sharply enough to go around the relatively small drive pulley on the motor.

Other possible sources might be an appliance parts store, or industrial supply.

It is unlikely that Brent, or any wheel manufacturer, uses belts made exclusively for them.  Often, a belt will have the manufacturer's name and part-number printed on it.  If you can read that information from the old belt, a google search may provide you with multiple sources to buy on-line.

Thanks everyone, I’ve managed to get a code off the belt, but I now have another issue. How do you get the belt off?? It looks to me like everything has been built around the wheels and belts. Completely stuck....

Usually the motor has a belt tightening adjustment-find that an loosen it up and the belt can come off as you manually turn the wheel head.

A photo of this wheel would help a lot.

Do not cut off anything to remove a belt.

Please show us a photo of this wheel-this will make it so much easier to explain.

you can spin the wheel backwards  by hand and then maybe the post is not in the way