Sign in to follow this  
Min

Compact display ideas?

I needed a small knockdown tabletop shelf unit for some mugs, wanted it easy to assemble, without using hardware or tools, and inexpensive. Trolled though some designs and made this up. Made from pine boards, cost 12-. Unassembled it’s a stack 2’ X 4 3/4” so it’s nice and compact, assembled size is 15” tall X 2’ wide X 20” deep. I used it last weekend, it’s sturdy, doesn’t wobble and takes about a minute to put together. Anyhow, if anyone is looking for a simple unit that can be scaled up or down this one is pretty easy to make and assemble. Anybody else have any compact display ideas?

1185502708_v-1(4).jpg.d7f3dcf6d2761c356d6f4d65acc78f37.jpg1361681076_v-1(3).jpg.323b62bb9b0ef2e268fe41c58c54aa92.jpg

I vertical supports of the shelves in this photo are made out of corrugated plastic. The same material used to make yard signs. Known by the brand name Coroplast. Coroplast is thin and flat and weighs almost nothing. When folded into a tube (triangle-shaped tubes in my case) it can support hundreds of pounds. It can be cut with a utility knife and a straight edge, no special tools required. I built some small Coroplast pedestals too. My shelf supports and pedestal supports are covered in fabric, so they don’t look like plastic. Combine this with wood shelves, and the Coroplast disappears. 

E1595FB4-46A7-4FAB-B2C2-416093C16B79.jpeg.346e138b3f9686a345bde66b7d20fee4.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Mark C. said:

Is your sheet Coroplast from Home depot? or elsewhere ?Is it 1/4 inch or thicker?

I ordered sheets of it online. But I’m pretty sure it is commonly available at a lot of places. Just google for a supplier. Yes it looks like 1/4 inch thick. 

Edited by GEP

50 minutes ago, GEP said:

I ordered sheets of it online. But I’m pretty sure it is commonly available at a lot of places. Just google for a supplier. Yes it looks like 1/4 inch thick. 

Yes I bought my bright fluorescent pottery sale signs from it online. I just never saw the white stuff.

Thanks