NEED HELP?

I have a growing collection of mosaic shards, glues, backings, and concept drawings, also a couple probably overly-zealous prototypes. As I rethink the saying 'keep it simple, Stupid', I continue to collect the better-looking pot shards and other materials until I'm ready to tackle the project again. 

Use hammer and learn to mosaic or drill hole and make a planter learn to container garden or grind your signature off of them , hitch a ride with a fishing boat, drop your  load offshore and make an artificial reef and take up fishing.

Unless they are a miserable failure I have stopped throwing the work away just because I don't care for it.  I have a collection of small work that I really don't care for much.  When I have neighbors or friends that tour my studio I offer them a piece.   When they ooh and aah over a piece that I really dislike  it makes me realize how different taste in art can be.  Denice

i was surprised by how much people like handmade pots. 

pots that are still safe to eat,  i put them in a box and set them outside my friends house  in different parts of the city and they are gone overnight.  

i am in community college and i make a lot of pots. i see them as an experiment. i bring home some to use and try them out. then i give  most of them away to fellow students (like Denice  different tastes so intrigue me) and sell some at the student fare.  the really bad ones i turn into planters,  and some i do actually take a hammer to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!!

I had seen jewelry pieces made with broken china, ceramics, etc. Tumble to soften edges and read to drill or set, ohhhhhh, also some people make mosaic arts and use ceramic shards, places like Etsy have shops that sell that kind of materials and ... well... you can make some extra money to buy more clay with things that are otherwise, just trash. :) 

Archived