Just a quick question about re-firing work. I wasn't happy with some details around a logo that I carved in to my pieces so I've fixed them with glaze (and also filled a few pinholes) - my question is whether or not I need to be as meticulous about dust and fingerprints on these  like you do with glaze on bisque. I had to hold them firmly and work slowly to fix my glaze errors from the past firing.

I'm feeling like that stuff (oil from my hands, dust) will burn off before the glaze melts again since its technically laying over top of a hardened/fired glaze and not absorbing into un-fired glaze... thoughts?

Thanks so much, friends!

Interesting you say that Callie as I, no experience doing the following, thought I'd read you had to be super careful re stuff from fingers when applying litres and china paint.

I haven' worried personally when spot glazing blemishes ware as I always thinkbbqing is a bonus if it works well anyway..

On June 22, 2018 at 10:26 PM, Babs said:

Interesting you say that Callie as I, no experience doing the following, thought I'd read you had to be super careful re stuff from fingers when applying litres and china paint.

I haven' worried personally when spot glazing blemishes ware as I always thinkbbqing is a bonus if it works well anyway..

Yes, you're correct.   You do need to wipe your pieces with rubbing alcohol if you're applying lustres, China paints or over glaze decals. But simple reglazing doesn't require it. 

Archived