Howdy folks, at wife found me my first kiln! She got it used but works as intended per owner. Anywho I don’t know what I have!  I know it’s a evenheat 4330 (at least what the model plate says) but when looking it up, I only find with knobs. This kiln sitter has only 4 switches.  I’ve never done anything in this realm or looked at kilns and have no clue what the switches do. Any help identifying, info or manuals will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you you all for you time reading this. 

B230355A-2056-404E-A03E-99600EDF5B8C.jpeg

Krispy-

I suggest going to the source:

https://evenheat-kiln.com/

go to classic Kilns. There you’ll find information about replacement on/off switches.

Yours is an older kiln. Didn’t find a manual online for it, but you can either call them or request a copy via their “Send a Message” link.

their phone is:  989-856-2281

by the way, what are the interior dimensions of your kiln?

Rehards,

Fred

I love that old braided toaster cord  with the yellow spots on it coming out of somewhere?

Looks like my 50's General Electric toaster cord I use daily.

Edited by Mark C.

the sitter is only in the black part of the setup.  the switches below control the elements in the kiln. the one on the top section controls the element in the top section. 

looks like the kiln choices are simply on or off.  the sitter turns the whole thing off when the heatwork is finished.

All of the parts can be replaced, or upgraded. Someone who has some electrical experience could replace the single positions with at least a 4 position or more. Would be interesting to see the condition of the inside, as the outside does not look like it has been fired more than a few times. Good find!

best,

Pres

Thank you all for the replies!   So if the switches control different elements inside of the kiln, does that control the temp some how?  switch 1 reaches certain temp, switch 1 and 2 reaches higher temp and so forth? I am completely new at this have always wanted to get into the realm but well this will be the kick in the butt. 

and @Pres It was a great find, local auction only paid 50 for it.    I'm sure I would eventually want to upgrade this to a digital or at least manual with a temp knob :/  

I haven't seen the inside YET will later today once picked up, I'll post more pictures then 

Each switch turns on element on/off. So you first turn on the bottom switch, with the lid propped. After an hour, turn on the next switch up. After another hour close the lid and turn on the next switch. After another hour turn on the last two switches and let it go until the sitter turns it off. It works fine, you just can't put it on low to preheat anything. So make sure everything is good and dry. I fired  a kiln like this for years without issues. If you want greater control, consider an external digital controller.

Pres-

i’ve never used them, but I think that the measurements are done at the end of the firing ( from what I can determine from the pdf file, whose link I am PM to you).

Review the information and let me know how you interpret it.

For all others interested, here’s the link:

http://www.mantectechnicalceramics.com/sites/default/files/bullers_rings_brochure.pdf

Regards,

Fred

beautiful elements, looks like it has just been sitting around and never used.  i would immediately vacuum the element holders and the entire inside of that kiln.  it has been moved from where it was to the auction to your place.  each move stressed it enough to drop bits of brick inside.   take that stuff our carefully, it should never have been put inside.  kiln "BRICK" is very soft, not like house builder brick, you can damage it very easily.  

It is so hard to get folks to understand that kilns are not sturdy construction type equipment that you can sit boxes on top of and in etc. I see them listed for sale all the time with all kinds of crap in and on top. Such a shame to see good kilns messed up for no reason. Hopefully the this one didn't get damaged. I hate to even look at mine too hard.

It is so hard to get folks to understand that kilns are not sturdy construction type equipment

or to stop them from trying to pick it up  with a forklift!!

On 6/11/2018 at 7:46 PM, Krispy said:

Havent pulled it out of the car yet  BUT heres what I got out of the deal with one unopened box to go.   

35053895_1027403720757194_5853620209142726656_n.jpg

35078150_1027403734090526_2436269573876482048_n.jpg

35148076_1027371280760438_157575778790277120_n.jpg

35237993_1027371334093766_7346680141222772736_n.jpg

The humogous box of small plate setter pins. I have some of these from past buyouts of stuff. I make an item in my glaze fire to check by putting one of them next to it a recall note.They are cone 10 quality .