Old kiln for bisque? DUNCAN DK 820X-2

One for sale locally for 180, looks to be in excellent condition, looks like I could get replacement element for 30 bucks, rated cone 8, 30 amp breaker. I have no concerns with the power/wiring requirements, only asking if this is a good deal for use as a bisque kiln. The bricks look perfect except one on the top shows wear from the power cord being placed inside and causing some wear every time the moved it around. 

I was going to offer 150, what say ye?

3 CUBIC FEET
WIDTH; 17.5 INCHES
DEPTH; 20 INCHES

Thanks!

It appears Paragon still sells elements for it, but it also appears there are 8 and they are 40 bucks each, ouch! 

What do think the chances are I could get 30 firings out of it on the existing elements? I would only be using it to fire cone 5. It's not that great a deal for me if I have to replace them all to use it and not sure how to tell the condition other than visual, can I take a ohmmeter and try to measure the resistance on the elements to get an idea of how long they will last? It looks like they should read 5ohm.

That's the problem with the old Duncan kilns- they use twice as many elements, rather than having each element wrap around twice. And Paragon charges a lot for them. I would call Euclids and see what they can do for you.

As to how long the existing elements will last- there's no way to know without checking their resistance to see if they're worn.

Archived