What's your favorite Pottery DVD?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ive always wanted a kiln building dvd. but i have never bought any pottery dvds.

Graham Sheehan out of Vancouver, has a great kiln building video, on building a gas kiln. He has an add in the back of Ceramics Monthly. You can also watch him on youtube.

TJR.

ive always wanted a kiln building dvd. but i have never bought any pottery dvds.

Graham Sheehan out of Vancouver, has a great kiln building video, on building a gas kiln. He has an add in the back of Ceramics Monthly. You can also watch him on youtube.

TJR.

thanks, i've seen his clips and ads. i will look into his stuff further!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest JBaymore

"The Art of the Potter" David Outerbridge Production -available from Steven Branfman's Potters Shop bookstore in Needhan Mass. Excellent piece of film-making. Commercial TV production.

About Hamada Shoji....with Bernard Leach commenting.

best,

......................john

• 2 months later...

I have a favorite pottery instructor on Youtube. His name is Hsin-Chuen Lin. He has about 87 excellent throwing and teaching videos. As a novice potter I have learned so much from him. His website is www.mypots.net.

laurel neth

Dear Laurel,

I could not agree with you more. An absolutely fabulous potter. He has taught me detail, detail and detail. He does everything he can to make sure everything on his pots are crisp and clean. He reminds me that yes, you can throw a pot but attention to the details of such things as where the lip, neck, hips etc stop and start are important. He reminds me to look and look again at how the form flows. I made a moon pot just last night and was blown away that I could accomplish this form by careful recollection of the steps in his video.

On another note, I also like Simon Leach for his laid back approach. And yes, I would like to see more of John Britt's work if I was to be honest. His videos are quick but jam packed also with great tips.

These are my favorites and I do follow You Tube every single day to see what has been posted. Call it ongoing education...

Nelly

Archived