Bisque temp for raku

My mother gave up her teaching job to be a stay at home mom  till at least we finished school. Her mother was a working mom so my mom missed her terribly. Ma cooked for us healthy many course meals. As a single working mother I cannot continue the specific cooking tradition of my mother. I still get the a nutritious meal on the table but it’s a one course meal cooked every 3 days. Life does not allow me my family tradition of cooking. I love cooking and it helps relax me. On particular hard days I actually cook to relax me. It’s also a creative endeavour since I don’t follow recipes.  

If you really look say at the tea ceremony it grew out of a need of peace during very violent samurai phase. Well Japan has changed and evolved.  If anything (my opinion based only on what I read without having lived in Japan - just visited) they need a new tradition to help them not die from overwork.  

Tea ceremony’s beautiful but the reason it was created no longer exists. The samurai life has gone.  We need new traditions. 

Archived