New to me New Model A Brent wheel

Mark C.

I could not help myself-I ran into a new still in original box Brent Model A wheel (I have a used one to trim on)This is the small 1/3 hp Brent made for small spaces.I think they made them for less then 10 years .

These wheels have not been made in over 15 years-this one was bought from Dick Brick and the owner retired and never opened it and put it in storage.

I paid $350 and it will cost about $50 to ship it..Not sure what I'm going to do with it as I needed another wheel like a hole in the head. I just could not pass it up.I may let another wheel go.Maybe its time to open up a school and give lessons as I have 6 wheels now.Not a chance

2 hours ago, neilestrick said:

In the banjo players world, we have a disease called BAS- Banjo Acquisition Syndrome. It's impossible to cure.

Good diagnosis Neil-I have BAS for sure

BAS=Brent Acquisition Syndrome

10 hours ago, curt said:

Wheels are like high-end road bikes. 

The optimal number to own is (n + 1), where n = the number of wheels you have now.

eben medium-end road bikes (just put good wheels and tires on'm - it's all about th' wheels an' tires) ...hmmm, time to get a ride in!

On 4/13/2018 at 8:47 AM, curt said:

Wheels are like high-end road bikes. 

The optimal number to own is (n + 1), where n = the number of wheels you have now.

Road bikes, Mountain bikes, sewing machines, lathes  ..........TOYS

I have a model A, it weighs just a tad more than a bag of clay so you can take it to demo on site if need be or to carry out in the yard to commune with nature. Mine is my second wheel, it came to me when i bought a used pottery kiln and the kiln came with every thing she used for clay including tools, wheel, books and a tiny bee hive kiln as she was changing hobbies. 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:34 PM, Mark C. said:

I may let another wheel go. Maybe its time to open up a school and give lessons as I have 6 wheels now.Not a chance

Any chance you would let a Brent motor go, say like, one that might fit a Brent CXC? Maybe it needs the bearings replaced or the commutator cleaned and brushes replaced. Anything but unglued magnets, got that already and don't know what to do about it, lol!

See my post on your other thread.

Ps no buying or selling on this board-you can PM a person about that but cannot post such things .

I do not have just a motor by itself but I answered you about repairing yours locally on your other thread.

Welcome to the forum.

I would go to that same motor repair shop and ask them for a replacement and what would the cost be?

I may have a motor source written on the studio wall-I'll check today.I think I have a box label from a motor company

Archived