What I notice most, shawnhar, is that you have increasing control over the shape you are producing, so that you can make many that are the same.

How much time in each week are you now able to spend at your wheel?

Thanks Gabby, I have notice the more time I spend making multiples the better I get at making them similar in size and shape. Between work and other current obligations I only get around 12 hours right now, hope to increase that to 20 in a few weeks, at least that's the goal.

My thought is the sponge leans against the side at an angle so air hits just about everywhere. It may be extra work for not.

I have seen them with shark teeth on sides -as well as the bottom cut out on bottom-both things are unnecessary . Our sponges to not drip are get loose.

I had a Japanese potter send me oine from Japan with the bottom cut out an a panda bear on the side. Now that was time consuming.

I put put holes in about 1/2 my extruded soap dishes-holes take extra time  to clean up.-just a thought. As you know these sell better with one demo sponge in them on of them.

Thanks Mark, it might be just psychological and not help with drying, but I do feel it adds something visually.  I think I have seen the shark teeth as well, and a shark teeth toothbrush holder.

I saw one pottery booth with sponges in all of them, came with a free sponge. I would have to put spoons in those rests or no one would know what they are, lol.

Welp, had to go get clay again, was down to my last box.  This time I decided to go ahead and bring a half ton home, which is all I trusted myself and my Tahoe to drive safely in crazy downpour.  500lbs of Klamath yellow and 500 lbs of vashon red.  I really like the yellow as a fast, soft clay and the red as a stiffer smoother clay.  Also picked up two new kiln shelves for the kiln I got in December.  The ones it came with were both cracked and covered in lowfire glaze.  Now I can get 3 shelves of mugs in my kiln at once which will be very nice.  

Speaking of kilns, I'm doing a full bisque right now!  So far I've been able to fill my kiln every week with a bisque, I'm pretty happy with that!  

This week on my workbench is more spoonrests and mugs.  I spent this last week doing just a bunch of spoonrests.

IMG_20190217_104411_crop_764x742.jpg

9 hours ago, oldlady said:

a barbershop quartet singing a very happy tune!:lol:

,) haha! my take was e'body burpin' and "yeeaah boaah" in unison at pizza night. 

I have a huge tile on my work bench that I rolled out yesterday,  I am going to work on sculpting the design in it today.   I am making a press mold,  I need 18 tiles to build a  grill in the  porch window.   It is going to take me longer than I thought to complete this project,  my mother in-law had a stroke  a hour before her 96th birthday party Saturday.  I am going to be busy helping her when she goes home.    Denice

4 hours ago, Denice said:

I have a huge tile on my work bench that I rolled out yesterday,  I am going to work on sculpting the design in it today.   I am making a press mold,  I need 18 tiles to build a  grill in the  porch window.   It is going to take me longer than I thought to complete this project,  my mother in-law had a stroke  a hour before her 96th birthday party Saturday.  I am going to be busy helping her when she goes home.    Denice

Best wishes for a solid recovery for your mother-in-law. Take good care of yourself also.