I hope to meet up with some of you at NCECA in Pittsburgh this week.

I will be placing my earrings around the venue ....

if you find a pair be sure to take a pix of them on your ears  and post on Instagram #earshow2018.

SORRY ... the image is so huge and I can’t find a way to size it!

8B4AC244-5F0E-48F4-BD0D-D218C4A7111D.jpeg

Edited by Chris Campbell

Getting every thing in line to head down. As this year is in my Southern back yard it is an easy trip. . . @2 hrs. Hope to see folks from the forum there. Remember though, I don't wear my hat inside most times. Maybe we should get together somewhere, like the ICAN reception for starters.

best,

Pres

NCECA vs Molokai?

OK I'm staying on Island and salt firing another week and a 1/2. Salt workshop next Saturday .Not flying to PA this year.

I will be snorkeling at Kalaupapa on Monday  

Chris- nice earrings

Crazy day at NCECA, went to some of the shows with Marcia and some friends of hers, nice folks. Had a great lunch, and saw lots. 2020 is in Richmond Virginia.

best, 

Pres

Saw the cone box show tonight, rough drive using gps with the bridge out, but we didn't end up in the river, and were only a few minutes later.

Will post pictures later, as I have taken lots of shots. However, wifi in hotel is slower than molasses in January. When I get home.

John is a great friend, and I hope to see him. . .not yet. However, I really think he is gone from the forum for reasons that he strongly feels, and are personal. I will not cross that line, but will say that we all miss him, as I really do.

best,

Pres

Have not seen Pres yet ....but this has been a great NCECA so far. Cold, for sure but excellent presentations and shows.

i might not make 2019, but will definitely be in Richmond in 2020.

Edited by Chris Campbell

yeah Chris, missing you. Going out to Standard Ceramic tomorrow to pick up some chems. See the show out there. Leaving at 10 then back in the afternoon/evening. Hung out at the ICANbooth this aternoon for a while and di some of the demos and lectures.

best,

Pres

salt fire unload today at 2 pm-wether looks like 80's sunny and hot as the trade winds have stalled.Its dewy sticky hot today.This is the 4th salt fire ever on this Island-we load another on Saturday and fire Sunday with my salt fire workshop wrapping up next week on the last unload . Have fun with the salt on the roads in the snow.Spring is just around the corner they say

Mark. . . .. would you stop rubbing it in about your SUNNY tropical weather! I have had 30F. temps at NCECA, wind through the city, and I know that my clay at home is once again frozen solid once again. :wacko:

I guess I am way to jealous that I am nearly green with envy.

best,

Pres

given the bad weather in pittsburg, a little green is probably very welcome.  watch out with the green tomorrow, though,  green beer, that is.

Chris, I was talking to someone today that had seen John at his presentation, which someway or other I had overlooked in the schedule. There was a lot to see, and I did get out of the conference to see many of the shows in the area. I really wanted to meet up with you, I am so impressed with much of your colored clay work, but the newer stuff is breathtakingly stunning, I love the earrings!  Don't know if I will make next year, but 2020 . . . Oh yeah!

I feel at fault for not getting a hold of John before the conference, as I would have loved to have spent some time with him. He has done so much for me over the years from getting me to become a moderator on the forum and then to run for Potter's Council. Things that i would not of done on my own, but his gentle push really helped. I miss him.

best,

Pres

Ok I will stop talking about the mini heat wave here as the trade winds have stopped  blowing and it been really hot the past couple of days. The only way to sleep is under our fan.

The low was in upper 70s.-most of this past 3 weeks it got down in the upper 60's(cold snap for here).

My only question is why not have an NCECA in a better tropical climate like Hawaii once?

I know it rotates around the country some east to west.

Edited by Mark C.

6 hours ago, Joseph F said:

Still waiting for it to be closer to me. Atlanta, please? Of course, Atlanta is awful, so good chance it might never come here. I enjoyed looking at all the smiles with Chris's earrings. Beautiful work.

Where are the pics Joseph?

I moved here (NH) after over 25 years of living in Richmond, so I am looking forward to the 2020 event. I have friends to stay with and if they have it at the Coliseum downtown I can just ride the bus...way cheaper than parking.  Richmond is a relatively small city and real easy to take. The "winter" is usually 1 day with an inch  of snow leading to empty supermarkets, but not often after February.  It's 12 degrees now where I am, but almost 50 in Richmond.  (And really, not THAT far from Atlanta, which truly is a tangled challenge to navigate.)