Pottery wheel on wheels

I have a very small studio at the moment in my garage.  To get the car  in, the wheel has to be stowed.  I have been pushing in and out to use it but it is difficult and probably not good foe the wheel either. Tables etc get broken down after i am done using with exception  of small wedging table.  You can imagine that the breakdown etc is a huge letdown to practice.

Id like to put wheels on it until i have a more stable space where  it can rest comfortably at the ready.  

Has anyone put their wheels on wheels?  How did you approach it?  

I am thinking about probably a platform, casters would have to lock and be heavy duty.  I am concerned about the additional height but dont want to cut my legs as the wheels are probably temporary.   And it would need to be water resistant because I do a lot of platters that require bats larger than the splash pan.   I also think nothing of throwing up to 50# on the wheel, and would  love to do more than that at some point if I could get past my maximum cylinder height of 15".  

I would love to hear ideas.

PS i have an old model Brent CXC that had the pedal replaced by a Soldner pedal WHICH I LOVE.   The Soldner Pedal is really smooth, holds steady and has a case where I rest  my foot that is more ergo for me.  

I was thinking a mobile tool base as well. They're made for square/rectangular tools, but you could put a piece of plywood in it and set the wheel on that. It would raise the wheel only an inch or two, rather than the 4-5" that heavy duty casters would add. You can buy them online for $35-75.

my wheel in florida is on a piece of plywood and wheels.  i push it out of the way all the time, it is easy to move and the wheels are not too tall.  notice the stool is also wheeled.

book 009.JPG

Gabby likes this