yappystudent

What's Your Work Music?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, Mark C. said:

I have been pumping a pandora mix via I pad myself this past late fall thru my stereo system.

I love my Pandora.  I've got a dozen or so specified stations, that it shuffles between, and since it will play music similar to those stations, I discover new songs and artists, I didn't know about.

So, that I've talked to, prefer Spotify, as you can create playlist.  But then you miss out on the other song/ artist suggestions.

9 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Raise your hands if you're a studio singer!

Sometimes, when I'm feeling super pumped up, and also, if I'm getting really tired, and getting a bit goofy...

10 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Raise your hands if you're a studio singer!

Most definitely! Whats your favorite song to sing?

Mine currently is Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band.....i do it SO well, that im pretty sure he's gonna call me to go on tour with him....very...very soon.

4 hours ago, hitchmss said:

Most definitely! Whats your favorite song to sing?

Mine currently is Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band.....i do it SO well, that im pretty sure he's gonna call me to go on tour with him....very...very soon.

Part of the criteria a song has to meet to make it onto one of my regular playlists is that I have to like to sing it. For the most part, I have daytime working hours when the husband and kids are out of the house, so only my dog knows how awesome I am. And Miley and Dolly are probably just clearing a space in their schedules so we can all do "Jolene" together.

"Uh Huh" by Jade Bird is also pretty fun to sing. 

1 hour ago, Chilly said:

My uncle, Terry McVay, was their manager/roadie/gofer

Small world! A lot of anthems of my youth - scaring myself to look at the videos on you tube now though - all the grey hair - yikes we all got old!

Hey, my first post here after lurking for over a year!

I tend to listen to jazz, blues, or electronic (techno, trance) though I found the "Alternative Beats" playlist on spotify recently and am really digging that. I started tinkering with making electronic music a couple of months ago, only a few short beginner tracks, but I always liked the idea of making some groovy music for the studio.