I-Park Accepting 2018 Artists-in-Residence Applications

I-Park

I-Park is now accepting applications for its 2018 artists-in-residence program. Forty-four fully funded residencies are available between May and December, and range in duration from two to four weeks. The residencies are open to artists and designers working in visual arts, creative writing, music composition/sound art, moving image and architecture/landscape design.

Located within a 450-acre nature preserve in rural East Haddam, Connecticut (U.S.), I-Park provides residents with a quiet, retreat-type setting, private living quarters in a renovated 1840s farmhouse, a private studio, meals program, fully equipped workshop and modest library—as well as creative access to I-Park’s expansive grounds. Residencies are self-directed, undisturbed and non-judgmental. You decide what you’re working on and when.

Details and application forms are available at i-park.org. Applications are due January 22, 2018, and carry a $35 fee to help defray the cost of the selection panels. This year, I-Park will also be offering $500 travel grants to eight international residents. For further information, contact info@i-park.org or 860-873-2468.

Archived