How long does it typically take to fire a cone 6, medium in a 1227 skutt.  I am used to manually firing a kiln. It usually doesn't take more than 8-9 hrs to do a glaze. The skutt is bigger obviously, and the computer controller may ramp more conservatively than my manual adjustments, but 12-14 hrs seems a bit much. The elements don't appear to be bad, no codes thrown for stalled temp, relays all working. I know the box I put on it came from a 3 phase kiln, but I did the necessary conversion, i.e. replaced the power block and wiring, elements were converted to 240 1 phase. Any other ideas?

Edited by Johnmicheal

Cone 6 profile for a Bartlett controller range from slow of 15 hours,  medium 7 hrs 37 min , to  almost 11 hours,  fast 4 hrs 36 min.  You may want to measure the resistance of your elements and compare them to Skutts table for elements/

David

D.M.Ernst likes this

I measured the resistance of my elements, they were beyond the 10 % you typically advise, closer to15%.  I've seen worse looking elements, which says a lot for how much abuse these things can take.