Slab Roller - Looking for advice

Hello lovely clay folk,

I'm looking to add a mini slab roller to my studio and am wondering if anyone would mind letting me know which is best, or what to look out for when purchasing? I'm short on space, so looking for a mini version. I found one on Etsy made by a potter and her engineer husband which has piqued my interest - I love supporting individuals and small businesses where I can. but above all I want the right roller since this will be the only one I have for the foreseeable future! It's soon to be my birthday so this will be a joint gift from my husband and parents and in-laws and sister. hahaha :)

Here's the Etsy model: https://www.etsy.com/listing/449252632/slab-roller-pottery-tool-no-shim-slab?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=slab roller&ref=sr_gallery_6

Thoughts?

When it comes to the major brands, is there one brand/model that stands out? I just want to get this right! I'm basically teaching myself everything through books, youtube and you guys since I'm currently a stay at home mom and have no time (or extra cash) to venture out into the world for classes. I'm so grateful for all the help. Truly.

I really appreciate any and all advice or suggestions! 

Cheers,

alli

Archived