Crazy Quiz:   selling pottery, best practice at a craft show?

Select correct answers.

When setting up the display which of the following should you do?   

a.        Set up your display and sit back in a corner by your cash box and let the customer come to you.

b.       Set up a self -check-out table up front with a cash jar and let the customers help themselves while you set in back and enjoy your favorite drink.

c.       Set your boxes out and let the customers rummage through the boxes.

d.      Set up an attractive display and engage the customer.

Which of the following should you do when engaging customers?

a.       When someone (who has no initial intention of buying) compliments your work, thank them and ask if there is one thing they specifically like.

b.      Customer, “My mom collects cats. Do you have any?”   Do you respond?, “Yes, I have a litter of 8 kittens.  If you give me your mom’s address I’ll drop them off next week.”

c.       Ask your neighbor to watch your booth while you spend the morning wandering around the show giving other venders good advice.

d.      If someone gasps when they spot what they perceive is a high price, try to sell it to them for half price.

At the end of the event, you know you had a good show because:

a.        Several people rummaged through the boxes you set out and bought a couple of items.

b.       You found a good home for the 8 kittens, and will drop them off next week.

c.        You have a lot of empty spaces on your display and will have to work fill the special orders you took during the show, including pieces with a cat motif.

d.       Your cash jar made a great trash can so you had very little trash to clean-up at the end of the show.

SORRY, NO ANSWER KEY WILL BE POSTED.

1 - (a) ... but only if I can also talk on my cell phone, eat my meals and maybe look down my nose at the crowd.

2  - (c) ... duh, obviously I am the best qualified person to hog other artists time, chase paying customer from their booths and comment on what a terrible show it is ... as loudly as I can.

3 - None of the above. So obviously a trick question.  If I made my entry fee back it was a good show.

Sputty, Thank you for the compliment (a.   is there is one thing you specifically like about the quiz?)

Judith, It's been 30 years since I had to find homes for kittens. I found an expensive way solve that problem and still have a couple of cats.

Chris, Thank you for posting an answer key,  I was to lazy to make one up.

Archived