oh, my aching fingers!

After quite a few years of this clay addiction, my fingers are giving me trouble.   Seems to be centered around gripping tools.  Do any of you have good ideas for trimming tools that are more user friendly?   I am thinking about whether wrapping the handles to make them larger in diameter, thus having to close my fingers less to grip them, might help. 

Plumbing pipe insulation. The black foam tube thing about 6 feet long. Cost about $2-3.  Cut it to length with scissors then wrap rubberbands around to secure it to the handle. Works great. I have on trimmig tools and the spray gun handle. I have bone on bone on both hands where the thumb attaches to the hand. Also, the fingers are starting to ache from arthritis. But this truly helps.

Funny I just saw this. I make jewelry also, and was noticing my 55 year old hands don't work perfectly all of the time. I have trouble placing tiny things like pieces of solder and little jump rings. Thinking pottery might be easier on my hands. But I guess the issue with tools would be one to consider. 

Archived