Chilly

Community Challenge #9

As promised, it's 30 minutes past midnight on 24 September 2017, exactly three months until Christmas Eve, so here is your next community challenge:

Wherever you live/work/play, if you're in Europe, the US or an "ex-British-colony/commonwealth country you can't escape christmas.  

So this challenge is to create a piece of work that symbolises the christmas season for you.  Whether it's religious, non-religious, fantasy, ironic.  Whatever.

As a devout atheist, for me, christmas is the time when too many people get into debt buying gifts for people who don't want or need them, so I'm going to make a money box, filled with IOUs.  

What will you make?

You have until santa starts his deliveries to put your pictures somewhere.  (I'll check Joel's original rules and repeat them here later/soon.)

Cool...   Just for fun  I turned to Wikipedia to set me straight on what Christmas, and "the Christmas season" is, is not, might be, or has evolved into.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas 

Given that Christmas and the season of Christmastide are undeniably and explicitly a Christian affair, however much celebrated by non-Christians throughout the ages,  this challenge may become especially....well....challenging.  

Equally challenging to the thought process (mine, anyway) is the call for the creation of a symbolic piece, which inescapably involves introspection, belief systems, critical thinking,  and art and cultural histories, at a minimum.  Maybe even Jungian archetypes  and the collective unconscious!  :lol:   I expect  all manner of fun will be had researching accurate meanings of symbolic, symbol, and symbolism.  

4 hours ago, tricetra said:

Sorry had to resize the image . I didnt think about it when I glazed the inside of his head with Terracolour MarsMoon, May not have been the most suitable LOL xxx

snowman (200x150).jpg

Looks like someone was busy harvesting snowman brains! 

Nice pot.

LeeU and What? like this

@Tricetra -Definitely filled with symbolism, innuendo, and metaphoric implications,  in addition to incense cones! He's so cute. Was your Mars in Moon or your Moon in Mars?  

On 9/25/2017 at 6:39 PM, LeeU said:

@Tricetra -Definitely filled with symbolism, innuendo, and metaphoric implications,  in addition to incense cones! He's so cute. Was your Mars in Moon or your Moon in Mars?  

Hi Lee,

The glaze is by Terracolour and is called Mars Moon. :-)