Setting up Activity Streams - Unread Content - To similar as before the forum migration tutorial.

Joseph Fireborn

@RonSa I will press the buttons :ph34r: not that they would let me. It sounds to me like they did a good job getting the forum back online in the few days it was down being updated after whatever security/legacy issues. I do agree that a lot more could be done but it is up and working and that probably ticks a box. At least I can sit here typing across the world to fellow potters.

giphy.gif

Joseph-not to be pain but I now have a new question and a continued issue. How do I delete or remove a custom stream? I had made one for status updates, but it never had any content, so I want to get rid of it. Now, I made a new one (used a different title) and (again) followed your simple instructions to the letter. (Yes. I saved!) Left the site for a while,  came back later, opened my new custom status stream and.....nothing! ??  It is not a case of no one posting  their status right now, is it?

Guest JBaymore
48 minutes ago, LeeU said:

It is not a case of no one posting  their status right now, is it?

I know I almost never used that before... and still don't, Lee. 

And I'm guessing that just like all of us, everyone is finding their way around the new forum software... and many may not have "found" that function yet.  Just a guess.

But it could be something else also.  Joseph is pretty "up to speed" on the forum at this point... so like it usually is... potters helping potters :).

best,

...............................john

3 hours ago, LeeU said:

Joseph-not to be pain but I now have a new question and a continued issue. How do I delete or remove a custom stream? I had made one for status updates, but it never had any content, so I want to get rid of it. Now, I made a new one (used a different title) and (again) followed your simple instructions to the letter. (Yes. I saved!) Left the site for a while,  came back later, opened my new custom status stream and.....nothing! ??  It is not a case of no one posting  their status right now, is it?

LeeU, I'm not with my laptop so I can't make a screengrab.

Go to Activity>My Activity Streams, then click the stream you want to delete. When that stream appears, look to the right of the stream's title. You'll see a little pencil, trash can, and check mark. Click the trash can.

If that doesn't help, hopefully Joseph will come along soon with a screen grab. 

@LeeU

Sorry for the late reply. I had a brutal econometrics exam yesterday. Only three people(including me) finished before the time was up, lots of upset faces yesterday. Anyways I came home and passed out to mental exhaustion. We had another hour of lecture after the 2 hour exam. :ph34r:

The custom stream in my instructions isn't time based. It will show all recent streams, and if you scroll to the bottom you can hit "load more activity" and it will keep bringing up older and older ones. I liked it this way so I could go back to slightly old streams and reply or see other peoples replies. Sort of like we had before. So it should show the same streams that were always there. The one you made originally might be resetting after you have viewed them. I am not sure. 

Mea's instructions on how to delete the stream is spot on and should work perfectly. But in case you need a screen shot of where that is here ya go:

Open the stream you want to delete by going to that drop down. Then it will show up like this:

1delete.PNG.bfb29e32590fcac62bd8b7235e2b81b3.PNG

Just hit the light red button in the middle. The one circled above. It will ask if you are sure and just hit Okay.

That will remove any of the streams you don't like. But you have to do it for each one you want to get rid of.

I will post a new status message so you can see if the one you made following my directions is working. You should see your message and mine and pres and other peoples from the past. 

If your still having problems let me know. I will be around today. Gotta cut down a few trees in the yard from the tropical storm. 

• GEP pinned this topic
  • GEP unpinned this topic

Archived