new forum, what i dislike

oldlady

1 hour ago, Marcia Selsor said:

I was off for 2 weeks. Came back to this new format and don't have a clue. Thanks for all the help from others. Steve Hecker is the new administrator in charge of this. Send your requests directly to him.

Marcia

Marcia, it is not really Steve's role to be the "help desk" for individual user questions. Everyone should continue to post their thoughts about the new forum on the forum, in this thread or in other threads. You can also PM a moderator if you want to raise an issue privately. We are paying attention and trying to honor requests. It takes time and we can't always make the changes. We are currently working through some forum-wide issues, but keeping track of the individual requests too. 

15 minutes ago, Marcia Selsor said:

true. but he should be aware of the problems so many people are having.

I assure you that he is. If you go through all of the thoughts/requests/complaints that users have posted about, you'll see that most of them have been addressed. That doesn't mean we're done tinkering. Everyone's thoughts are still welcome. 

No worries, Marcia. I'm sure it must have been a big surprise to come home and find the forum looks completely different. Most of the functions work the same, or very similar, to before. The new forum has some handy new features (such as customizable Activity Streams, find Joseph's terrific tutorial on how to use them). Give it some time to get used to everything, I think you'll like it.

Archived