New Forum

Yes so I figured it out :) , the thing is in the notification settings, I checked "do not notify me". And this works on any new thread I participate in. It didn't change the settings for previous threads but from now on doesn't automatically send email updates. These settings can also be updated on a case by case basis in the "content I follow" section 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JBaymore
12 hours ago, Judith B said:

These settings can also be updated on a case by case basis in the "content I follow" section 

Thank you... I just found that option now that you mentioned it.  We'll see what no notifications set there does for me.  On my screen resolution it did not even look like that had a pull-down menu to it.

best,

.................john

On 9/7/2017 at 0:15 AM, graybeard said:

I just wish I could reload my Avatar. It took a month or more the first time so Im still ahead of the game I guess, the rest will come (I hope).

graybeard

Your avatar is there, visible to me.  Wonder why you can't see it?

I was finally able to get rid of most of the "following" stuff, which I do not want-and no emails- but some buttons cannot be toggled off, which is annoying. Now I see I have this message "Your browser has enabled desktop notifications, allowing us to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window."  I have thoroughly checked out every blankety-blank browser setting I  could, but I see no way to disable this ...anyone have any info on this? I use Chrome, exclusively.  Could it be buried in Windows and sneaking in through IE somehow??

Where do we go to see the newly/recent posted "Status" from people--I miss those and also don't know where/how to post my own update. Phooey. 

@LeeU There are two ways to post a status now.

Near the top right, click on "Create" then click "Status" from its drop down menu.

Or, you can click on your account in the upper right corner. At the top of your personal Activity feed, there is a field that says "Post a public message on your own feed." 

Both of these options will result in the same thing. The Status Updates (yours and others) can be seen under the Activity tab. This is where you have lots of options how to view the forum's activity: all activity, just the unread activity, or you can make your own customized stream. 

There haven't been any new Status Updates in the past few days, which is why you haven't seen any. I'll do one as soon as I finish writing this. 

Thanks-I tried the  "public msg. on own feed" twice but have no clue where to find this feed content, it if it was posted-I do not see them under any of the (too many) "activity" choices.  I think the former face page with the list of forums on the left, and the status updates on the right, and a simple click to switch to "new/unread" content all in one place was much better. Trying to balance frustration with patience! 

• Pres pinned and featured this topic

Status updates only show if I ONLY tick Status Updates..  If anything else is also ticked, the status updates do NOT show.

And then, when I've looked at a status, and click Unread Content, it goes back to unread topics, not unread statuses (statii)

10 minutes ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Has anyone noticed if the number of "likes" possible in a day still has a cap?

I am not sure. However the system seems a bit odd now. I can't tell who liked my post. Which I'm glad someone liked something I posted, but it's nice to tell who it was in case I want to PM them a link or something.

On 9/12/2017 at 8:31 PM, RonSa said:

Agreed

Yeah, what's the point in "liking" something, if no-one knows it was liked.  I've used the "like" in the past to give a thumbs-up to a reply, kind-of-like saying, yes, I agree, but without taking up so much space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GEP unpinned and unfeatured this topic
On 9/4/2017 at 8:48 AM, JBaymore said:

Unfortunately, that does not work for me.  Hopefully it does for others.

Nor does "no notifications".

best,

.........................john

Its this one 

Method to use for content I follow automatically

• A notification when new content is posted
The setting box is not a check but a dot and can't be changed.  I'm on a MacPro laptop. 
Marcia

Guest JBaymore
12 minutes ago, Marcia Selsor said:

Its this one 

Method to use for content I follow automatically

• A notification when new content is posted
The setting box is not a check but a dot and can't be changed.  I'm on a MacPro laptop. 
Marcia

With the most recent changes this got fixed for me.  Likely got fixed for everyone.

best,

..........................john

Archived