New Forum

59 minutes ago, High Bridge Pottery said:

Full page pictures are the best :D if you press ctrl + right click on the image and in the menu choose edit image you can change how many pixels it is.

For those without right mouse buttons, you can also double-click your image to get the resizing option.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, neilestrick said:

Change is so difficult any more.....

But this was all done to make it easier to navigate with those iPhones (the i stands for IDIOT phone!) and dumb phones. You know...the phones that you can do everything with but walk and chew gum...

17 minutes ago, glazenerd said:

Ty for the help Mea. I tried to edit my original post to a smaller size: guess that doesn't,t work?

The new forum works great on my I-pad and desk top: but not so well on my laptop. Any ideas why Mea?

TY

tom

What web browser and operating system are you using, on both the desktop and the laptop?

25 minutes ago, glazenerd said:

I tried to edit my original post to a smaller size: guess that doesn't,t work?

Depends on what you mean by "tried to edit." If you tried to edit the image on your own local hard drive, that doesn't change what you uploaded to the forum. 

Go to the post you want to edit, then click on "edit" at the bottom of the post. The post will open in an editor, which allows you to double click the image and change it's size.

Mea: I was trying to edit the picture I had posted. I double clicked the image, but did not see any pop up window by which to edit. Both my desk top and lap top are windows based. They are older versions (7.0 I think), left overs when I closed my office. The wife's I-pad is an Apple, so I would assume Mac.  Of course what I know about computers, consists of knowing where the on/off button is. 

2 hours ago, glazenerd said:

Mea: I was trying to edit the picture I had posted. I double clicked the image, but did not see any pop up window by which to edit. Both my desk top and lap top are windows based. They are older versions (7.0 I think), left overs when I closed my office. The wife's I-pad is an Apple, so I would assume Mac.  Of course what I know about computers, consists of knowing where the on/off button is. 

Did you first click the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post? This will open up the post in an editor, which is what allows you to double-click the image.

Edit to add: glazenerd I just realized that the double-click does not work from my iPad. But it does work from my laptop. Also, if your web browsers might be older versions, try downloading the latest version of Chrome (it's free). I sometimes find that my 2yr old version of Apple Safari does not always work with newfangled websites. But Chrome works reliably with websites that have lots of bells and whistles. 

I have a question about notifications:

Since the forum has been updated, I started receiving emails every time someone comments a post I am following. Which results in quite a number of email everyday... So I went to the notification settings, disabled all the emails but there is one that I can't because "the administrator prevented users from toggling" or something like that... How can I change the setting? I really don't want to receive emails...

Guest JBaymore

Judith,

These are the kinds of "details" that we need to get ironed out.

At the moment I am getting just about EVERYTHING to do with this place sent to my personal email.... and some I can't shut off either. 

That stuff is a function that we have to get the Admins to look into.  I am sure that there are some things that were set up o the new forum software's "default" setting... that we will eventually change.

We'll be looking at his stuff ASAP.  A Monday holiday here today ion the USA so the Admins are all off..........

best,

...........................john

4 hours ago, Judith B said:

I have a question about notifications:

Since the forum has been updated, I started receiving emails every time someone comments a post I am following. Which results in quite a number of email everyday...

1 hour ago, JBaymore said:

Judith,

These are the kinds of "details" that we need to get ironed out.

To change that setting

=> Profile => Account Settings => Notification Settings

Mark the boxes that you want and unmark the boxes you don't

Guest JBaymore
13 minutes ago, RonSa said:

To change that setting

=> Profile => Account Settings => Notification Settings

Mark the boxes that you want and unmark the boxes you don't

Unfortunately, that does not work for me.  Hopefully it does for others.

Nor does "no notifications".

best,

.........................john

30 minutes ago, JBaymore said:

Unfortunately, that does not work for me.  Hopefully it does for others.

Nor does "no notifications".

best,

.........................john

I'm on a Win7 box using Firefox V54.x

What are you on?

Edit In:

I just open this forum on an android  smartphone and I was still able to do this. 

Did you click on save?

There are two different sections, did you scroll all the way down?

Guest JBaymore
7 minutes ago, RonSa said:

I'm on a Win7 box using Firefox V54.x

What are you on?

Desktop, ASUS P6X58D motherboard, Intel Core I-7-960 Quad-core processor, 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM, GEForce GTX 275 PhysX Videocard, Win 7 Pro 64bit (all updates in place), Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18762. 

Che

3 minutes ago, JBaymore said:

Desktop, ASUS P6X58D motherboard, Intel Core I-7-960 Quad-core processor, 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM, GEForce GTX 275 PhysX Videocard, Win 7 Pro 64bit (all updates in place), Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18762. 

Did you click on save?

Guest JBaymore
Just now, RonSa said:

Che

I just open this forum on an android  smartphone and I was still able to do this. 

Did you click on save?

Yeah... hit save... and yeah they are "locked out". 

As I said above... there are still details to smooth out.  It appears that different people are seeing different things.

best,

.......................john

@JBaymore

Typically, all things being equal, when something works on a few different systems and not others it may be a cache problem ( hate telling people to clear their cache) or the connection between the computer chair and the keyboard :D

The only differences I see between the two of us is our browser, (try a different one) and your position as a Moderator.  Maybe the admin needs to flip a few switches.

or as you said,

As I said above... there are still details to smooth out. 

BTW: I can insert code into a post, the admin my want to block certain aspects of this. It doesn't look like the code will run but why take chances.

Guest JBaymore

The Moderators are aware that different users have been apparently set up differently.  There are differences even between the individual Moderators setups and what we are seeing or not seeing and what we can do and not do at the moment.  So as I said above in the thread, please have some patience with this as we get things tweaked. 

Thanks for the info on inserting code into a post, RonSa.  Hadn't though to check that,....... as they say "not my job"....that is Admins stuff.  I'll pass an alert to the Admins on that immediately.

I'm a pretty experienced computer user (check my background into the 80's)... so a lot of the "basic" stuff I've already explored.

best,

..............................john

8 hours ago, GEP said:

@Judith B Which is the one you can't turn off?

@GEP

The "Someone comments on something I follow" can't be turned off for me, resulting in way too many emails :D

Thank you @JBaymore for your answer, I am reassured to see I am not the only one, I hope eventually this can be fixed.

Thank you everyone else for your input, changing the notification centre settings was the first thing I did after the forum was updated . I have rebooted my computer as well and cleared the cookies.

2 hours ago, Judith B said:

@GEP

The "Someone comments on something I follow" can't be turned off for me, resulting in way too many emails :D

That's the same switch that I cannot switch off as well. 

However, I don't get flooded with emails because I don't automatically follow anything. Have you tried unchecking the "automatically follow" options, in the top portion of the notification settings?

Archived