New Forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Chilly said:

And there is no "go to next unread topic button.

Chilly, I'm still learning the new layout and functions too, but at the top of the page you can click or mouse-over the tab "Activity." In the menu bar that appears underneath, there's a button for "Unread Content." Right now, there's no unread content because everything has been marked as "read." But as new content appears going forward, it will land here. 

50 minutes ago, High Bridge Pottery said:

I will try not to complain as change happens but is there no 'what's on your mind' section with the new forum software? I liked that bit.  Also I can't see any buttons at the top besides my avatar but the buttons are there.

Maybe I am being stupid and I will find these things.

Joel,

It looks like you have already found the Create > Status button (near the upper right). It looks like these will appear in the Activity > All Activity screen. 

I liked having these on the front page of the forum too. Maybe it can be changed. 

Holy smokes batman. Retro! Hopefully this was done to prevent the errors after hitting submit that I lost so many post and replies! Learned to start copy pasta stuff my messages quickly.

EDIT: actually its kinda one step back one step forward. Some things are rather nicer and some are rather odd. Hopefully we can figure out how to customize our views maybe? Not complaining, just adjustment period for us all. 

1 hour ago, High Bridge Pottery said:

I think that one is lost, maybe the button is in an option somewhere.

I have found the 'Activity' tab and it looks like you can customise a streams to only show peoples status.  Now to figure out if I can make a signature as that's gone too.

Oh, yes/no, where has that gone :-(

And.  

Our old signatures don't show up on our old posts either.  Wish I could remember what mine used to say........

Guest JBaymore

I'm looking for the signature area also myself.

Bear with us folks............. it is going to take a while to get things "tweaked" in the new software as ALL of us learn how it works, what features are available (and which are not), and what can be enabled that is not currently enabled (in the short few hours that the forum has been back up from a MAJOR server change). 

Think of this as a "work in progress" at the moment.   Change is always ..... well.... change. 

best,

..............................john

Guest JBaymore

The server has been up and down a bit today........... hence the "page not found" message sometimes.

Patience please.  As I said above....... work in progress.

Getting this all resolved, with all the complex details, likely will take a few days.

best,

...........................john

If you having problems accessing the website, its probably because the dns servers have been altered in some way. Particularly if you can access it on one device and not another, but you are on the same network. This will be a DNS issue 100%. Which means your machine that isn't bringing the site up since it is using an older DNS address for this site.

If you on a windows machine you can do the following:

1. Open command prompt.  to get to cmd prompt - Type cmd in run, or the windows search bar 

2. Type ipconfig /flushdns => press enter

3. Check to see if you can access it now.

Archived