glazenerd    816

My Orton 4.0 showed a "told" code this morning. First time I have seen it in ten years of using this type of controller. Nothing in the manual about, nothing in the error code reference chart. Going to call Arnold Howard tomorrow; but was hoping to fire today.

Nerd

Edit: I hate the auto-correct on this I-pad.... TLD code.

Edited by glazenerd

Mark C.    1,807

I am no help as I have never seen that code on my gas kilns.

Tid or told not sure what that could be maybe tad or tit for tad?

oldlady    1,323

well, now that you have left us hanging on the edge of the cliff............ :huh:

glazenerd    816

Lady:

It is my new forum persona: Nerd the Mystery Writer..  a cliffhanger, thriller, suspense.

Actually I think one of the buttons is stuck and the "Hld" is a ramp "hold". Took it apart and blew it out, seems to be working now. My recommendation now is to spray your control board with raid: seems like bugs like to hide out in it,

RonSa    189

Took it apart and blew it out, seems to be working now. My recommendation now is to spray your control board with raid: seems like bugs like to hide out in it,

It is possible that Raid may be corrosive to electronic circuit boards. I would test first before spraying anything on any type of electronic circuitry.

glazenerd    816

Ron: sprayed the outside (face) not the inside. Do not like using pesticides or herbicides at all, but this is getting old. Year or so back a big ole June bug crawled across the circuit board and died: with his legs touching different resistors: the read out was jumping from 72 to 5190... I was like what.. June bugs and lady bugs seem to have an affection for my controllers.

Nerd

RonSa    189

I can see that can be a headache, but also consider what happens when the pesticides or herbicides start gassing out from the heat.

It was pointed out by Marcia that bugs like the hum of the controller, would cutting the power make sense when not in use? Maybe aluminum insect screening that's used for windows would help?

I always look for alternatives when it comes to pesticides. I actually use tulle in my garden as an insect screen.

Mark C.    1,807

They sell compressed air in a can for computer key board cleaning-that should blow those June bugs away.