Dtc 600C Keypad Buttons Not Working

gwyndolyn

Has anyone any idea as to why particular buttons on the keypad will not work? The "enter/start" button works as does the "alarm" and "ramphold" . . . Yet, I want to use the cone-fire mode. I hit enter, the word idle appears, and then I touch enter again. Four dashes appear and I touch #1 for ConE to appear so that I can enter the cone number. But that button doesn't beep as did the enter and doesn't let me put in the cone number.

The kiln (TnF 66-3/DDTC 600C) was bought years ago, yet it hasn't been used very much. In fact, I haven't used this kiln in about 7 years; however, it's been covered and has sat safety in one area.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Gwyn

If you've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to reset it and the buttons still aren't working, then chances are your controller is dead or dying. It happens. They're usually not worth fixing, since you'll be in $150 by the time they look at at and you pay the shipping both ways. Plus it's nice to have the most recent version of the hardware and software. You can get replacements directly from Bartlett Instruments or from Paragon. I'd check prices before ordering from either.

Thank you for replying.  I did call Paragon (nice people) and a tech called me back this afternoon and we tried several things, yet I still had only three buttons working at the end of our conversation.  

The tech did give me a price for a new controller and a wiring harness which she said I would need.  And you were right, Neil: I checked Bartlett Instruments for prices and I'm glad I did.  Now I just need to call them to be sure they have a replacement in stock and a wiring harness to fit.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Four red dashes means one of your three buttons is stuck. I have two of these controllers, and given the up^ controls the firing setting: the most likely culprit. Try rubbing across the button from edge to edge will depressed, once you get it to release, it will reset. My start button has done that twice, and after taking it apart and finding dried bug parts, it worked fine.

Well, I tried and tried and tried the rubbing to get anyone of the buttons to depress, but I couldn't get it to work, I appreciate the advice anyway. It was worth the try.   I ordered the replacement from Bartlett Instruments yesterday, and according to UPS, it should be here tomorrow.  Wow. Bartlett -- super nice, super smart, and obviously, super fast!!

Thanks again for the help. 

Archived