Aim Gas Kiln 2327G - Operating Manual

I am rebuilding an AIM Gas Kiln model 2327G (About the size of a Skutt KM1027). I'm looking for help in finding a operating manual or copy of original instructions. I called Aim and they don't have instructions for the older gas kilns anymore. I'm interested in if there were baffles originally at the bottom of the kiln to redirect the flame. It has 3 Gaco 75,000 BTU burners and is set up for Natural Gas. It's about 20 feet from my Gas meter on a 3/4" line.

Any input or help would be appreciated. I intend to fire at Cone 10 reduction.

Most of these gas trash can kilns(my name for them as they are that shape) had no baffles the burners hint straight up and you placed shelves out of the way. There are many threads on this kilns so do a search on this.

I use a a lot of gas-natural gas-all house gas from PGE-thats your supplier will be at 1/4 #pressure or 7 inch on the water column .My meter is a big boy with 2 inch outfeed and 2 inch supply lines to large kiln with a smaller 1 inch to smaller kln. Most standard house meters are 3/4 inch. Volume is whats needed at low pressures and a larger supply line will help this-if your 3/4 line is  close to maxium then having a 1 inch line even on the 3/4 outfeed may be enough to help you.If this is permitted job then Just ask PG&E. for the larger 1 inch meter if not you can plumb in the 1 inch line replacing your 3/4 line.

You can calculate the btu's and gas pipe diameters and Ryun lenghts-my guess is 3/4 is just tad small for this run( length )

Archived