Pres    896

A strand about the state of Art Education in Aesthetics led to naming important ceramic artists that are historically significant or influenced the ceramic art or technology. To begin with . . .  Marcia listed:  Yanagi, author of the "Unknown Craftsman", Bernard Leach, Hamada, and the young Rudy Autio and Peter Voulkos  Others were Beatrice Wood and Otto Heino,  Lucy Rie, Charles Fergus Binns, Edward Orton Jr,George E. Ohr  , Don Reitz, Johann Friedrich Böttger. One of my favorites as far as influencing the use of the extruder, slips and multilayered slip and glaze was John Glick.

Add to the list, name a few. 

best,

Pres

Carlo Zauli (Faenza-Italy)

Prof.Dr. Gaetano Ballardini (Faenza)

Hans Coper (Germany)

Robin Hopper (Canada)

Eva Zeisel (Hungary and USA)

Otto Lindig (Germany)

Horst Kerstan (Germany)

Edmund de Waal (UK)

Roberto Lugo (USA) "this machine kills hate"...

Lotte Reimers (Germany)

Will think of more.....

Marcia Selsor    1,301

You know what. . . Why don't we start a list. . . Marcia listed:  Yanagi, author of the "Unknown Craftsman", Bernard Leach, Hamada, and the young Rudy Autio and Peter Voulkos  Others were Beatrice Wood and Otto Heino. Name names. let me know if we should do a separate strand and I will set it up. Who do you know of that you feel is important?

best,

Pres

Charles Fergus Binns

Edward Orton Jr

George E. Ohr  

Don Reitz

Johann Friedrich Böttger

lt

Late 19th and early 20th century: Adelaide Robineau, founder and editor for Keramos magazine and the Syracuse national competition that developed into the Everson Museum in Syracuse. Taught at the Women's University in St. Louis with Taxile Doat in the teens.

Maria Longworth Nichols Storer, founder of Rookwood Pottery in Cincinnati, 

Mary Chase Perry Stratton founder of Pewabic Pottery in Detroit

http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/sara-galner-saturday-evening-girls-and-paul-revere-pottery

Sara Gainer and the Saturday Evening Girls and the Paul Revere Pottery  on Boston

Marcia Selsor    1,301

I just listed contemporary artists on another thread. I want to add this one here. 

http://www.jessicaputnamphillips.com

She is a female combat veteran expressing her experiences in chinaware. I saw here work at the garden party show at NCECA and was at the panel on the GI bill and ceramics. 

I love her work.