Upcoming Deadline For Residencies June And July

There are some great opportunities listed here.

Marcia

Dear Subscribers-

Below is a list of residency programs and special opportunities with upcoming deadlines. You can find information on hundreds of programs as well as tips for researching, applying for, and funding your residency at: www.artistcommunities.org.

Some deadlines are coming up fast! Don't miss your chance to apply to:

• Headlands Center for Arts (Sausalito, CA - United States) awards fully sponsored residencies to approximately 45 artists each year. Residencies of four to ten weeks include studio space, chef-prepared meals, comfortable housing, and travel and living stipends. AIRs become part of a dynamic community of artists participating in Headlands’ other programs, allowing for exchange and collaborative relationships to develop within the artist community on campus. This international program supports artists at all stages in their careers and working in all media. Deadline: June 2. read more ]

• AIR Taipei (Taipei, Taiwan) offers international artists the opportunity to develop and realize  projects in Taipei at two residency sites: the Taipei Artist Village and Treasure Hill Artist Village. Selected artists receive housing, furnished studios, exhibition spaces, travel assistance, and logistical supports during the three-month residency. Deadline: June 9. read more ]

• Kooshk Residency + Arquetopia (Tehran, Iran + Puebla, Mexico) present a new exchange program between Iran and Mexico for one Mexican and one Iranian artist, active in fields of visual arts. This exchange program exists out of two parts. During these one-month residencies artists will have the chance to connect with local artists and create new work within these international creative hubs. Accommodation, meals and utilities included. Deadline: June 15. read more ]

• Nantucket Island School of Design and the Arts (NISDA) (Nantucket Island, MA- United States) is looking for a Ceramics Artist-in-residence (July 1-August 25) to manage our clay studio and teach adults and kids (totaling approximately 20 hours a week) in exchange for housing, full use of the studio, and an honorarium for travel and living expenses. Deadline: June 20.  read more ]

• Light Work (Syracuse, NY - United States) invites between twelve and fifteen artists to come to Syracuse to devote one month to creative projects. The residency includes a $5,000 stipend, a furnished artist apartment, 24-hour access to state-of-the-art facilities, and generous staff support. Work by each Artist-in-Residence is published in a special edition of Contact Sheet: The Light Work Annual along with an essay commissioned by Light Work. Deadline: July 1. read more ]

• MASS MoCA's Assets for Artists (North Adams, MA - United States) program is now accepting applications for residencies sessions of 1-8 weeks between October and April. The program provides studio space, housing, one group meal per day, access to MASS MoCA‘s exhibitions and to Makers’ Mill, and one-on-one professional development coaching. Financial aid and a $500 travel/meals stipend is available to eligible candidates. Deadline: July 6. read more ]

• NEW PROGRAM: Growlery (San Francisco, CA - United States) is a residency program whose mission is to create a free live-work environment for visual artists, designers, and intellectuals that will encourage creative production, discussion, and reciprocal influence among members of our diverse community. Artists have live and work in a Victorian-era house in the heart of San Francisco and have opportunity to exhibit work, participate in presentations, and host studio tours. Stipend provided. Deadline: July 15.  read more ]

Find the full list of upcoming residency  deadlines below. Happy searching!

Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts May 31       

OmahaNE
United States

Mesa Refuge June 01

Point Reyes StationCA
United States

Headlands Center for the Arts June 02

SausalitoCA
United States

Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity June 07

BanffAB
Canada

Court 13 Arts Residency Program June 07

New OrleansLA
United States

laberinto projects June 13

El CongoSA
El Salvador

Kooshk Residency June 15

Tehran
Iran

Vermont Studio Center June 15

JohnsonVT
United States

Caldera June 16

SistersOR
United States

Newnan ArtRez June 16

NewnanGA
United States

The Camargo Foundation June 21

Cassis
France

The Camargo Foundation June 22

Cassis
France

Taleamor Park June 24                

LaPorteIN
United States

Atlantic Center for the Arts Master Artists in-Residence June 25

New Smyrna BeachFL
United States

Arteles Creative Center  June 30

Hämeenkyrö
Finland

Red Gate Residency June 30

Beijing
China

Taipei Artist Village June 30

Taipei
Taiwan

artistay July 01

France

Bakehouse Art Complex July 01

MiamiFL
United States

Light Work | Artist-in-Residence (AIR) Program July 01

SyracuseNY
United States

Morocco Artist Residencies | Green Olive Arts July 01

Tetouan
Morocco

Waterfront South Artist Residency July 03

CamdenNJ
United States

The Studios at MASS MoCA July 06

North AdamsMA
United States

laberinto projects July 08

El CongoSA
El Salvador

Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity July 12

BanffAB
Canada

ArtHub July 15

KingmanAZ
United States

Kala Art Institute July 15

BerkeleyCA
United States

The Growlery July 15

San FranciscoCA
United States

Writers Omi | Omi International Arts Center July 15

GhentNY
United States

Chalk Hill Artist Residency July 16

HealdsburgCA
United States

Newnan ArtRez July 16

NewnanGA
United States

Taleamor Park July 24

LaPorteIN
United States

Hedgebrook July 25

LangleyWA
United States

TRANSIT July 31

Chicago [*and other locations not in IL]IL
United States

Willapa Bay AiR July 31

OystervilleWA
United States

The following programs have ongoing deadlines:

laberinto projects Ongoing

El Salvador

artistay Ongoing

France

18th Street Arts Center  Ongoing           

Santa MonicaCA
United States

Artworks Loveland Ongoing

LovelandCO
United States

Centre d'Art i Natura Ongoing

Farrera
Spain

Chinquapin Center for the Arts Ongoing

Grants PassOR
United States

Clemente Soto Velez Cultural and Educational Center Ongoing

New YorkNY
United States

Curaumilla Arts Center Ongoing

Curaumilla
Chile

Made in Wickenburg Residency | Del E. Webb Center Ongoing

WickenburgAZ
United States

Grünewald Guild Ongoing

LeavenworthWA
United States

Hypatia-in-the-Woods Ongoing

SheltonWA
United States

La Porte Peinte Centre pour les Arts Ongoing

Noyers sur Serein
France

Le CouveNt Ongoing

Auzits
France

Lijiang Studio Ongoing

Lijiang Old Town53
China

McColl Center for Art + Innovation Ongoing

CharlotteNC
United States

Millers Falls Arts Bridge Ongoing

Millers FallsMA
United States

Nantucket Island School of Design and the Arts Ongoing

NantucketMA
United States

ODYSSEYS Costa Rica Ongoing

San RamónAL
Costa Rica

Palazzo Rinaldi Artists' Residency Ongoing

Noepoli (PZ), Italy
Italy

Red Gate Residency Ongoing

Beijing
China

Sachaqa Centro De Arte Ongoing         

San Roque De CumbazaSM
Peru

Thamgidi Foundation Guest Studio Ongoing

ArnhemGE
Netherlands

The Skopelos Foundation for the Arts Ongoing

Skopelos
Greece

AIR Studio Paducah Ongoing

PaducahKY
United States

Centre d’art marnay art centre (CAMAC) Ongoing

Marnay sur Seine
France

AZULE Ongoing

Hot Springs NC
United States

Taipei Artist Village Ongoing

Taipei
Taiwan

Green Olive Arts Ongoing

Tetouan
Morocco

Laboratory Ongoing

SpokaneWA
United States

Art Kibbutz Summer Residency Ongoing

New YorkNY
United States

Rensing Center Ongoing

PickensSC
United States

MMCA Residency | Changdong Ongoing

Seoul 
South Korea

Bamboo Curtain Studio Ongoing

New Taipei City
Taiwan

Incheon Art Platform Ongoing

Incheon
South Korea

Chulitna Lodge Wilderness Retreat Ongoing

Lake Clark National Park,  AK
United States

Bloedel Reserve Creative Residency Ongoing

Bainbridge IslandWA
United States

ARTErra rural artistic residency Ongoing

Tondela
Portugal

Sarasvati Design Institute Ongoing

WaynesboroTN
United States

Drop Forge and Tool Ongoing         

HudsonNY
United States

'ace Ongoing

Buenos Aires
Argentina

Montello Foundation Ongoing

MontelloNV
United States

Anderson Center for Interdisciplinary Studies Ongoing

Red WingMN
United States

Bakehouse Art Complex Ongoing

MiamiFL
United States

Alderworks Alaska Writers and Artists Retreat Ongoing

SkagwayAK
United States

Dora Maar House Ongoing

MenerbesU84
France

Grant Wood Art Colony Ongoing

Iowa City IA
United States

Playa Ongoing

Summer LakeOR
United States

The Millay Colony for the Arts Ongoing

AusterlitzNY
United States

The Steel Yard Ongoing

ProvidenceRI
United States

Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center Ongoing

MancosCO
United States

Lawrence Arts Center Ongoing

Lawrence KS
United States

Light Work | Artist-in-Residence (AIR) Program Ongoing

SyracuseNY
United States

Island Institute Resident Fellows Program Ongoing   

SitkaAK
United States

thank you marcia.  the best part about the list is the location which immediately follows the name of the program.  i cannot believe the (probably unwitting) arrogance of some institutions whose physical location cannot be found within their notifications.  after all, EVERYONE should know where Acme Arts is located!

just looked at martha grover's website and found a list of workshops.  no locations on most.  not even a state name, let alone a town or address.  this is not the only place this happens.  maybe i am just getting too old to accept the idea that everything is somewhere on the web, go find it.

getting back to the list you sent, marcia.  do they accept just anyone or must you have some kind of academic background before your application can be considered?  i know you do not know all the details on such an extensive list, but you have the experience to know in general who would be welcomed.

(EVERYONE should know where Acme Arts is located)

​Oldlady-its in all our collective minds-You may recall that is where all things Acme are made for the road runner cartoon series-Every item that Willy coyote gets to kill the roadrunner was from Acme.

​You just have to watch a little Saturday  am TV cartoons to get the address.I have sent them a few bucks to order my giant rocket with anvil on tip-I was going to sent it to North Korea to stop the madness?

thank you marcia.  the best part about the list is the location which immediately follows the name of the program.  i cannot believe the (probably unwitting) arrogance of some institutions whose physical location cannot be found within their notifications.  after all, EVERYONE should know where Acme Arts is located!

just looked at martha grover's website and found a list of workshops.  no locations on most.  not even a state name, let alone a town or address.  this is not the only place this happens.  maybe i am just getting too old to accept the idea that everything is somewhere on the web, go find it.

getting back to the list you sent, marcia.  do they accept just anyone or must you have some kind of academic background before your application can be considered?  i know you do not know all the details on such an extensive list, but you have the experience to know in general who would be welcomed.

Old Lady,

Since I retired from teaching in 2000, I have done 4 international residencies and 3 in the US. I enjoy a change of setting and the chance to meet new people in the field. I would say read thru the descriptions and see how your project or reason for a residency fits the profile of the venue. Many are for younger people looking to develop more professionally before applying for an MFA program. Others offer opportunities for mature artists to go work in a retreat setting. Then there is everything in between. I am not interested in long term residencies. A month to 6 weeks is my limit due to not wanting to be away for any longer than that.

Marcia

Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure it wasn't a small task.

I wish something like this would apply to someone like me that's just starting out, I bet it would be rewarding.

Archived