Where Are The Good Stamps?!

Chilly---say a little more...what do you mean about putting them onto acrylic? I couldn't tell from the retail site just how it works for clay. Are the pictures clay stamps that you subsequently made from kit you referenced? Thx. 

Before I got my 3d printer, I bought plastic letter stamps online and at Hobby lobby. I later learned that hand carving after impressing a template of the text onto the clay (mishima technique) is another beautiful way to go. Very one of a kind. And if you use a different colored slip you can carve through it after making your impression of art and text. Another way is to use stencils.

You should be able to find videos in the Ceramic Arts Daily archives. Best of luck.

I think Chilly is referring to an acrylic block like this one . The letter stamps are made of silicone which sticks to the block. They have several fonts available on that site, 72pt. They can be used over and over again. I'd like to make a set of my own in bisque or metal clay but haven't had the time.

Yes, that's right

Archived