Pottery Back To A Sideline

I just wanted to post an update. I have been back the past couple of days poking through recent post, tossing an opinion here and there and I must say it feels like I am back at work and catching up on what everyone has been up to. Thank all of you so much for the support you showed me when I packed it in  on on potting full time, it really did help a lot.

I see I made this post at the end of May but My studio went into storage in April and I began scrambling to put my life back together. Everything has worked out fine. I am lucky that I am a  programmer and landed a 100 hour monthly contract fairly quickly and they hired me full time at the end of August.

Close on a new house in a couple of weeks and will have a new studio up and running by the end of December.

Ya know I guess I am looking at my pottery business as having just been on a break. I am pretty much going to be picking up where I left off. I only stopped because I was literally out of money. That's been solved. Also my new gig is 8 hours a day M-F from home so no commute or down time. Literally hit the computer at 7:30 and off to the studio at 3:30-4. Plan to average 4-5 hours a day and take weekends off for shows or camping or whatever

Life is good and very pumped and excited to get back to work. I would rather do it without the distraction of a job but that just didn't work out and this is the next best thing. The upside is I do enjoy programming so the day job doesn't suck either.

Thanks again!

Thanks Min! Well I guess I should clarify, it will be a 2 car-garagio.

In our price range I just couldn't find a house that didn't need anything AND land to build a studio. Zero house projects was the most important thing to us both so a garagio it is. I used to take care of an acre/ house and studio building in the NW so this will be a treat. Place even has landscaping with sprinkler system.

Funny how your priorities change. As I age time seems to become more important and stuff less.  

I am glad to hear that you have shifted your priorities and at the same time seem to ready to feed your passion. Sometimes it takes the balance between a day job, and a studio of some sort to maintain sanity. As you said, as we get older our priorities change, but then they will shift many times in a lifetime, and later in life when you look back you'll think "why was that important to me back then?"

best,

Pres

Guest JBaymore
10 hours ago, Stephen said:

As I age time seems to become more important and stuff less.  

Yeah.... that.

best,

............................john

PS:  Welcome back to clay.  You were just resting.

Archived