Unknown Tile

I'm not sure where to post this and I thought with the forum topic that I might find some art history buffs.
I made a ceramic tile purchase because I love the artwork and was wondering if anyone knew what part of the world this may have came from. It would be a bonus if anyone recognizes the artist.

Yea...I tried to upload the picture from my phone.

post-62402-0-69931500-1493740134_thumb.jpg

I purchased this from a well to do art lovers estate and it may not be worth a nickle, I'm not looking for an appraisal. For those of you who think it's ugly, when you see it in person it grows on you. I feel whoever painted this was an experienced artist because the technique and the brushwork laid down was pretty bold.

I was guessing Middle Eastern. Middle Eastern generically covers a lot of territory.

Chris I would have never thought that the name would be Indian. Possibly with the attire it may depict a Hindu wedding?

6 inch tiles

I plan on mounting them in a Victorian frame for my art wall.

I found Pushkar Sohoni, he has a doctorate in Art History and a list of other related things including restoration. One of his interest is ceramic tile. Hmmmm I must say. I wonder if The good Dr. has time for a my curiosities.

Archived