Pres

Qotw: Participants Question Pool For Future Qotw's

You know you are not meant to be a potter if ......
         You are more excited by the details of a process or technique than the pots you make using these skills.
         See Tony Clennell's posts over the last month:
         http://smokieclennell.blogspot.com/2018/02/confession-im-not-potter.html

LT

It’s always interesting to see what people are working on, a one off pot, a series, pulling handles, working out a new design, glazing, glaze testing.… just a snippet from your day of something in progress.

My question would be what’s on your workbench? (pictures would be a welcome bonus!)

Several recent posts got me thinking about how to search for information on a topic of interest, therefore: 

Where do you go to obtain more information (and/or background) on ceramic related topics, ideas, suggestions, insights, or questions you pick up from colleagues, general reading, online forums, in casual discussion, or your own pondering? 
       How do you approach searching for information?
       Where and how do you start?
       What do you do when your first internet search turns up essentially nothing?
       How do you evaluate the "correctness" or "reliability" of the sources you use?  Are certain sources more reliable that others? 
       Does the reliability of a source depend on the nature of the information you are seeking? 
       Are older sources more reliable than younger sources?
How do you resolve conflicting information in your search for answers to your questions?

LT

Here are two possibilities, though they may have been addressed here before:

1. Do you have favorite shapes or forms now in your work? If you do, how have these favorites changed over time? (What made me think of this was the current discussion of throwing huge planter pots, because I can see that is of great interest to some and of no interest to me- neither the very, very large nor the very small and light).

2. Do you keep a sketchbook in support of your work? If so, what is your practice- how do you use it?

Definition question....

What do you think of when clay items are described as ceramics, while other items are described as pottery?   How many clay artists prefer one definition over the other when describing their work?

In LeeU's thread Website Building and Marketing in the Business, Marketing and accounting section Lee said "guys seem to like my more "masculine" pieces..."

Do you make feminine, masculine or gender neutral work and is it a conscious decision?