Pres

Qotw: Participants Question Pool For Future Qotw's

17 hours ago, RonSa said:

What do you like best about the new forum?

What feature do you miss from the old forum?

What do you like the least about the new forum?

No politics allowed Ron ?!?

5 hours ago, Chilly said:

No politics allowed Ron ?!?

I didn't think it was politics, I thought it was a way to help people get use to the new forum and contribute new features they've found.

Marcia Selsor likes this

"Politics: the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power."

I get dismayed when the misuse of the word and concept of "politics" serves to characterize a topic, about which there may be disagreement, as something that should be off-limits, which may serve to cut off the dialogue.  I am not trying to be "too"  serious or snarky---I just wouldn't want to see discussions of the new Forum features get jettisoned because of sensitivity about critique.

So far,  everything I have learned about the new system has come from folks who are providing us with tips and directions. Reading other people's experiences/questions is helpful as well. Without that input I know I would get frustrated, or lost, and end up feeling negative before giving it a chance. I hate having to learn new systems, it is hard on my remaining and aging brain cells, but upgrades are a necessity. I guess I'm saying I wish there was a forum topic on the pros/cons/"how to" of it--if not a Qotw--to ease the transition! 

OH GOOD GRIEF....I just remembered there IS a thread on the New Forum.  I'll leave my 2-cents  worth about content being (or not being) "political" here, since I don't know where else to put it. Moderator should feel free to remove it if (dare I say it?) it is too political LOL. :rolleyes:
Edited by LeeU
Marcia Selsor likes this

I enjoy trying to answer the questions posed in PQotW and I’m both impressed and covetous of the sheer volume of books Pres has. (no pun intended) Started me thinking about my own meagre collection and which one I find the most useful or enjoyable. So, my question would be, if you could only have one ceramics book what would it be and why? (plus, I’m curious what Pres would choose)

Judith B likes this

23 hours ago, Babs said:

my question would be.

If you wanted to and had the means, which part of the process would you assign to an apprentice/assistant?

I have the means and had a studio assistant for over 25 years now -its handles-interior glazing and some help with baby pots as well as most all of the hot dip waxing (I do the liquid wax on footed forms)

Lots of us are probably ramping up the work load in the studio, what with Christmas show season being upon us.  I know variations of this have been asked before, but what is your current playlist/ favourite audio book/Netflix binge? What is keeping you company this week?

Recommendation,s and/or links to Spotify or iTunes playlists would be encouraged. 

Also, I wonder what kind of craft show survival tips everyone has, and which bits of craft show advice sounded good, but really didn't work for you.  I'd love to see this be less of a beginner's guide (I think we all know to put out an email signup sheet and lay out your booth before the event), and more of an intermediate class. 

Bonus points if you have a photo of your booth setup to share.  Or maybe that could be a third question. What is your booth setup, what are the things you love about it?

If you could go back and start your ceramics journey from the beginning, would you do anything different this time?