High Fire Pink Glaze Recipe

Potter3ee

Hi there

I am looking for a pink glaze recipe that fires at cone 5-6 and stays bright. So far everything ive seen on the market fades at that cone temperature. And the recipes I found online are not quite bright. I know using chrome tin makes a glaze pink. Also Nepheline Syenite. Anyone has a recipe to achieve the attached color at high fire?

post-80623-0-55853900-1490171800_thumb.jpg

look for recipes called "candy apple" or  crimson.  that color is probably not what anyone would call pink, the color of a baby blanket.  and cone 6 is not really high fire so you might try looking under cone 6 in the books on glaze recipes.

For ^5-6 I would be testing out chrome/tin glazes like the one Joel posted. Don’t have the safety concerns like you would using a cadmium inclusion stain.  Add some zircopax to make it opaque if that’s what you are looking for. Base has to have a high amount of calcium to develop the pink colour. Article explaining the base recipe needed here with another recipe at the bottom of the article.

These test glazes are from Promethian Pottery

cr-sn-pink-for-blog-with-type.jpg

(ps, high fire is around the ^10 range, midrange is around the ^6 range)

Anyone has a recipe to achieve the attached color at high fire?

and cone 6 is not really high fire so you might try looking under cone 6 in the books on glaze recipes.

High fire seems to have different meanings each side of the pond.  I've always been used to high fire as being ^6.  Until I joined this forum, I thought anything hotter was always associated with reduction/wood/salt/soda firing.

Archived