Web Site Building And Marketing

Gabby--can we ask hubby if these spoon rests might work for a man?  Would they catch his eye at all?  They are quite hefty and textured (porcelain, except the Morgan -lower left/group pic).

20180508_230029sm.jpg

20180508_234320sm.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gabby, was it your husband who spotted the very large round black platter from across the whole craft fair grounds and made a beeline for it?   that happened back in the 90s when i was setting up in bluemont, va.  a man walked fast diagonally through the entire group of people setting up early on a saturday.  he saw it, he wanted it, ( i could have priced it double) and he bought it.    "for my wife" was his comment.

28 minutes ago, oldlady said:

gabby, was it your husband who spotted the very large round black platter from across the whole craft fair grounds and made a beeline for it?   that happened back in the 90s when i was setting up in bluemont, va.  a man walked fast diagonally through the entire group of people setting up early on a saturday.  he saw it, he wanted it, ( i could have priced it double) and he bought it.    "for my wife" was his comment.

Can't have been, as we left Virginia in summer of '84 :)

My husband has only twice in the almost forty years I have known him bought me a pottery item without having seen me first pick it up or without conferring with me about the purchase.  One was a cream and sugar set on a tray in which the cream and sugars were both decorated as cubist-type faces with the handles bent and decorated as arms and hands on hips.  The second was a pie dish decorated with birds.

Lee, I can tell you all the spoon rests would catch his eye other than that bottom left corner one in the sense that he would pick them up, turn them over, and so forth. But he would not buy one, as he does not use a spoon rest. 

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I wrote a piece for my website, with photos, on how I developed my (highly successful, I am told) logo from a porcelain wood fired box I made.  It is titled Flower and Ash and is located in the About drop down menu.  

Personally my online presence is basically Instagram and my website. I also submit article ideas to well consumed online magazines and that get traffic.
I disagree with folks who say Instagram is only for young people and with certain aesthetics. I've seen potters do amazing things on Instagram and using it as a storytelling device that creates novelty. Couple of examples I've seen done well are:
@floriangadsby
@jonosmart

Photography is everything, so you got that going right with investing in a good camera.

I use Shopify and I'm happy with it.
It helped that I come from an ecommerce background (13 years counting).
Happy to answer any specific questions you may have pertaining to :)

Archived