Clay Has Memory - Applied To Wheel Thrown Forms

Well, I guess I ought to be drummed out of the corps. Last time I had an S crack, I just filled it in with micro-dust glitter - kinda a riff on kintsugi & the piece was not for food or water. It worked for that piece. I love embracing my flaws. LOL

@preeta--I have a daughter story like yours--deep, emotional stuff, discounted (covered up!) by the "Mom, TMI-I just like the song." response. In this case it was a painful portending of serious problems, which I only had a clue about because I really listened and investigated the lyrics and the history of the muscian. And I have been dubbed an "over-educated know-it-all" by my beloved sister, so I get it about keeping my mouth shut in certain settings.

I have no truck, though, with educators with attitude! Students are not paying for that, they are-or should be-seeking knowledge, and in any learning environment, that should be given freely and generously, included in the price of tuition.

and you are right Pres. At the community college level only the basics are shared. that's the attitude of education there is. esp. in clay the proff has so many students that he does not have time to really talk to any one, one on one. yet other proffs have time to sit and chat and share. 

Preeta, I hate to say this, but those Ceramics classes were taught at Mansfield State College, and at Penn State University. Maybe that makes my point a little more pointed! Oh well, maybe it was because it was in the early 70's and late 80's.

best,

Pres

sadly Pres I am hearing that more and more. A friend took a ceramic class with Volkos. she saw him the first day of class where he went over the syllabus. and the last day of class where he graded their work. she was a painting major. we have students with masters degrees who have come back to take the pottery classes because they want to fill the holes they have. wow. what? i know for sure Sac State is not like that. 

LeeU so sorry to hear that. we went thru all that preteen. now its just teen irritation for anything from an adult, esp. mom. considering how much worse i was to my mom i guess its payback time. 

Archived