New Studio Set Up In Montana

those are for large platters or bird baths.

I use to also use hump molds , but the clay will do that on its own if I let it droop while propping these up on 2 x 4 s

Marcia

Thanks Marcia, another obvious thing learned. Picture frames make good slump molds.

My son moved from Texas to Alaska, from the heat to the frigid cold. He has never felt the cold as a problem. When they visit us in St George, UT. We have turn down the AC. I can just imagine you out in your kiln shed in Texas in August, melting away and longing for the cooler weather in Montana.

Jed

Nothing like loading a kiln dripping sweat in your eyes and off your nose onto nicely burnished surfaces and staining them with drips of sweat. Happy to be in the beautiful North country.

Marcia

• 2 months later...

Old Lady,

I jut read this. Funny! I am down in Texas loading up a haul truck today and towing my van back to Montana. Yesterday all the highways in SE and central Wyo. were closed from snow. Red Lodge was expecting a ft. of snow. We'll be starting the journey today and hopefully the snow will be gone in a few days when we et up north. Slow trip of 1780 miles in 5 days. My Tx studio is closed.

Marcia

• 4 weeks later...

post-1954-0-75155700-1495666467_thumb.jpgpost-1954-0-30136200-1495666504_thumb.jpgpost-1954-0-10028500-1495666577_thumb.jpgJust delivered my work to a seasonal gallery in Nye, Montana. Great day to drive along the front range of the Absorokas. 55 miles one way. I will be firing a load of obvara during the opening on Jun. 3. Tomorrow I volunteered to drive people to the polls. So happy to be living here.

Marcia

Archived