Taken All Your Advice...6 Months On

Hello everyone.

In April this year I first picked up a ball after clay since playing with play dough as a kid. I tried to come up with new techniques but my lack of knowledge soon showed. I turned to this forum help and was overwhelmed by the advice and support.

Well I took all your advise on board and this is how things are turning out now.

You lot rock!

post-76862-0-17025200-1481460241_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-00191700-1481460377_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-34399700-1481460474_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-14466800-1481460640_thumb.jpg

Hi Darran:

I have been following your work since you first introduced it several months back. Glad to see you have worked out the technical issues you first encountered. Just a reminder from our first conversation: always be aware of how unique and specialized your new line is. You are pioneering a new production method: obviously over time others will follow. That said, avoid the temptation to mass produce, or to flood the market: it will only devalue your work. Your work should be marketed to architects, historical replication houses, museums, and even governmental agencies. You are in the unique position to produce historic replications with great accuracy. With all of that, comes the price proportioned to the product.

Nerd

What is the exchange rate for your coins for US dollars? :(

Morning Larry,

The way things are going over here at the moment you could probably get Buckinghamshire Palace for $50 and a big mac.

When evey thing collapses we can at least make a living bartering out pots.

Hi Darran:

I have been following your work since you first introduced it several months back. Glad to see you have worked out the technical issues you first encountered. Just a reminder from our first conversation: always be aware of how unique and specialized your new line is. You are pioneering a new production method: obviously over time others will follow. That said, avoid the temptation to mass produce, or to flood the market: it will only devalue your work. Your work should be marketed to architects, historical replication houses, museums, and even governmental agencies. You are in the unique position to produce historic replications with great accuracy. With all of that, comes the price proportioned to the product.

Nerd

Morning Nerd.

Took on board all the adice you gave. Despite requests I don't sell any of my work. You have to steal it off walls or happy to do art swaps, and it seems to be working. Had a meeting just last week with a museum who want hands on educational pieces. All the street art piece are take within days, so I must be doing something right.

Thanks again for all your support.

Darran

What is the exchange rate for your coins for US dollars? :(

Morning Larry,

The way things are going over here at the moment you could probably get Buckinghamshire Palace for $50 and a big mac.

When evey thing collapses we can at least make a living bartering out pots.

In this country, people are upset now with what is basically rumor and anticipation. This is going to escalate radically  when it actually starts impacting  us. Maybe you could build your tiles into a fortress.

By the way your stuff is really great. I think you could probably exchange one of your coin tiles for Buckingham palace.

Archived