Cleaning Up After Glazing

Glaze is much less problematic than clay on cloths. I wash my clay cloths in a separate outside washer. that drains into our raspberry patch. I use only cold water and NO soap. My glaze cloths I wash in the house washer no big deal.

so no they will not cause plumbing problems .

I have a complicated settling system for my clay water but my first container is a kitchen sink tub.  When it needs to be changed I dump it in a ditch across the street.   When I glaze, I start with a clean tub, when I am finished glazing the settled residue in the tub is put in a gallon jar.  I let it dry in there and when it it full I will take it to hazardous waste.  Denice

I have a 2 part drainage system. I have a Gleco as the primary trap and I love it. I also have a pipe inserted into the drain in the sink that sticks up slightly which catches a lot of the heavier stuff as it settles. I then scoop it out with a big sponge and discard.

I hang all my towels and aprons outside when it rains to rinse or if it doesn't rain in a long time I hose them down really well then agitate them in a large bucket before hanging up to dry. I run nothing from the studio through my household washer or through my pipes but then I am paranoid so basically have doubled up on most of what I can.

T

Archived