Qotw: Are There Redundant Things In Your Studio?

Had our house and out buildings painted with Duration paint from sherwin willaims .

Good for 25 years-and its looking great now after 5 years-no fading at all.

Finished the last foundation work last year for 20K with concrete crew

Not much left but to enjoy the place now.

Guest JBaymore

Update....... redundant venturi gas burner I don't need (pilot one used on noborigama) going (free) to a undergrad student setting up a studio.  Better one I already have sitting there is going into it's place.

best,

...................john

I usually major clean/throw out  twice a year.  Always in January!   I have two spaces that I work out of, and they are both a big ol' mess right now.  I do have some redundant items.  Yes, stamps that I have made, glazes I don't care for, bric a brac I picked up thinking it would be good texture (aka dumpster diving) some patterns, just random stuff.  I did clean and rearrange (Pugaboo inspired me !) in September.  It certainly does not take me long to make a really good mess though! Need to find better organization for a number of things, underglazes for one!

And to continue with the other part of this thread.....we too are doing the age in place thing.  New siding, new roof, remodeled kitchen, new flooring.....we may add more solar, but the major stuff is done.......

Roberta

I definitely have too many stamps. Approx. 163.... But do you know why I was running desperately through Taipeh in November? Exactly! Looking for still more stamps.... :rolleyes:

I admire all of you who are doing one or even two clean ups/year. I should really do that too. Hmmmm, I could make this my major plan for 2017!

it is good to finally be able to read all this at home.  you would not believe the "customer NONservice" i have had from the cable company here.

John,  to move that big kickwheel, could you not give it to a student and have him/her get 3 friends to lift and carry it over the 4x8 table to free up your much needed space?  at least you have access to young, strong, people who might want to earn a few dollars if you cannot do it otherwise.

there are none around me, neither north or south.

Archived