Handbuilt Fox Head W/hat Wip

Haaaaai, everyone!

Been a while.I've decided that the wheel and I must part ways. This dang arthritis has just gotten the best of poor old Guinea, so I'm trying my paws at handbuilding. :) I forgot how hard this was, gee whiz. Took me almost five hours to make this pinch pot head! Hands are sore, but I think he's looking pretty good thus far.

He's a fox with a cap. Gonna be sitting on a rock, holding a mug of tea. ^_^ Gotta do the fur details now...no idea how, lol. :D

post-63665-0-94642900-1480712277_thumb.jpg

So good to hear from you and to see that you are back in clay. Wheels are overrated. I never use one and do mostly pinched stuff. My fingers are weird too and the pinching is pretty gentle. I do some slabs too.

Any hey, a few months ago I saw a real cavy in the zoo! rakuku

I think I'm done with it. :) I had planned on making it a full figure, but after making the scarf, I am actually really happy with it this way. There is a point, I suppose, when one sees a piece of art and just know it's done. ♥ Still can't believe I busted this out in two days..! Gonna underglaze it when it's bone dry and apply a thin layer of clear. :3

Sorry about the lighting... -_-

post-63665-0-84206400-1480830517_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-58096500-1480830579_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-25414800-1480830627_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-36328300-1480830670_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-42753500-1480830705_thumb.jpg

I think I'm done with it. :) I had planned on making it a full figure, but after making the scarf, I am actually really happy with it this way. There is a point, I suppose, when one sees a piece of art and just know it's done. ♥ Still can't believe I busted this out in two days..! Gonna underglaze it when it's bone dry and apply a thin layer of clear. :3

Sorry about the lighting... -_-

Can you walk us through your thoughts on how you will under-glaze?  Your prior hand-painted work sets a very high bar...'can't wait to see more :)

so good to see you again, cavy, missed you.

fox is wonderful, i can see his personality and want to cuddle him.  he would not like that, though.  we are lucky to have your great work in the gallery and visiting all your old friends is a treat.  thank you.

Nerd:Oh, HELL YES, I'm firing this slowly! I'd just die if Fred ate this one--it's my fella's Xmas gift! D: I figure an overnight candling, followed by a snail-paced firing should HOPEFULLY do it...

Paul: Nothing to it, really. :) He's gonna have an olive green hat with a red star, be painted kinda corgi colors, be given black velvet UG around his eyes (foxes have pretty dark eyeliner), bright yellow and ochre eyes with really black pupils, and an insanely detailed zigzagged scarf in various grays and blacks. :3

Old Lady: Awww, heehee. ♥ Thanks so much for that... :)

Archived